Sign in with
Your question

I just purchased the Sims Ambitions. When I attmept to download the software on

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2010 10:28:25 PM

I just purchased the Sims Ambitions. When I attmept to download the software on my PC and enter the 20-digit access code, I get a message that the code is invalid.
July 29, 2010 7:29:23 AM

Call EA customer support.
m
l
July 29, 2010 7:32:36 AM

Where did you buy the game from? And where did you get the code?
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2010 1:20:29 PM

common fault that usually occurs:

"I" are mistaken as 1.... and "0" for "O"

have you tried entering the code carefully again?

just a thought, otherwise, yes, contact EA for support, have your barcode ready in hand, and they will be always willing to help!! as they did when I had the same problem!!

If your game is purchased illegally or pirated, then we don't have any sympathy for you...
m
l
August 9, 2010 2:52:53 PM

Dane Bouwer said:
common fault that usually occurs:

"I" are mistaken as 1.... and "0" for "O"

have you tried entering the code carefully again?

just a thought, otherwise, yes, contact EA for support, have your barcode ready in hand, and they will be always willing to help!! as they did when I had the same problem!!

If your game is purchased illegally or pirated, then we don't have any sympathy for you...

Thanks, Dane. When I call the EA customer support number listed in the enclosed booklet, I just get a recording and a referral to Tom's Hardware. What is the best way to find a live person from EA?
m
l
August 9, 2010 4:23:56 PM

RogerCLawson said:
... When I call the EA customer support number listed in the enclosed booklet, I just get a recording and a referral to Tom's Hardware...

Are you serious? What a f**king joke.

Have you tried the following steps?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_ad...

I assume you already tried or it may not work since only "526 of 3714 people" found it useful.
m
l
August 9, 2010 4:33:05 PM

1. Call 866-543-5435 (I had to Google "EA customer support" to find that number)

2. Press 3 for "Sims related games"

3. Listen to the annoying synthesized voice message (it is loud)

4. Wait about 20 - 30 seconds after the message is done, some music will start playing...

5. You are now in the customer service queue.

m
l
August 10, 2010 7:31:21 AM

I forgot to include that patience was a vitue, i think I waited for about ten minutes for an operator, before being helped!

you'll be added to a list of customers that await help, so being a bit patient helped, remember they deal will a large number of queries, problems and questions...

I take it you entered the code correctly but nothing helped! then you must have a code thats been overridden, unlucky man!!

but phone then with your barcode for authentication, and they will email you a new code, as what they did with me! what they do is, they test your barcode to the product information, to the serial code you must register with, if all corresponds then they can help you, they will automatically cancel that serial number and give you a new code!!

all thanks to the dumb ass people that priate games!! all of us GENUINE people have to suffer!!

hope this helps with understanding what just happened to you man!! but anyways, give them a call, they actually very friendly fellows! :pt1cable: 
m
l
!