Question about Starcraft 2

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
ok first let me say ill ONLY BE PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER.

but my question is if im only playing single player can i install my copy of the game on multiple computers?
i have very bad internet so i cant play multiplayer but i would still like to buy the game just for the single player.

Solution

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139047. You can only login one computer at a time, thus I don't think you can play Single Player at the same time since battle.net knows when your logged in. As long as you share the account info though and don't play at the same time, you certainly could. However, battle.net does not recommend sharing your account information for obvious reasons.

Also, when I wasn't online once, the game...

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139047. You can only login one computer at a time, thus I don't think you can play Single Player at the same time since battle.net knows when your logged in. As long as you share the account info though and don't play at the same time, you certainly could. However, battle.net does not recommend sharing your account information for obvious reasons.

Also, when I wasn't online once, the game wanted to know if I wanted to play offline. I selected that, however, it needed to verify or something with battle.net and would not let me. So I'm not exactly sure at what point does the game register the computer so that you can play offline since it keeps asking to connect when I'm offline.

Solution

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009

I was reading around the Blizz support forums and it seems that the offline mode is bugged. For most people it only lasts from the time they "activate" on BNet until they shut down/restart the computer. For a few ppl, it even kicks them off in the middle of an offline session after they disconnected from the internet after activating. I was gonna get this game to put on a laptop to bring with me while I'm travelling, but that seems moot now...

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

i signed in to BNET then turned off my computer and i can still play offline mode without reconnecting.

it may differ per copy though