Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Is my system OK for Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 29, 2010 4:12:09 PM

NO
Score
0
July 29, 2010 5:00:54 PM

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City minimum system requirements

Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 GHz
Memory: 1.0 GB (Windows XP) 1.5 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 16 GB of free space
Video Card (graphics): 256 MB Nvidia 7900 / 256 MB ATI X1900
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Internet connection required for activation and multiplayer

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City recommended system requirements

Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1 GHz
Memory: 2.0 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 18 GB of free space
Video Card (graphics): 512 MB Nvidia 8600 / 512 MB ATI 3870
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Internet connection required for activation and multiplayer
Score
0
Related resources
August 1, 2010 4:16:49 PM

no it wont work, I tried it with my old 9500 GT and it was slow as hell between 10 fps and 16 fbs
Score
0
August 4, 2010 9:47:04 AM

You card is too old for this game.I not sure that the will run or not on your card but I am sure if the game run it will run very very..........very slowly.Try changing your Graphics card.I run this game on HD 4670 & have good performance.At present I am running this game on HD 5670.
You don't mention your OS
If your OS is XP then the game(with good graphics card) will run damn fast.And if your OS is Vista or Win7 you need too increase ram 2GB to 3GB(AlThough the game run in 2gb in win Vists/7,it will run very slowly).
Score
0
August 5, 2010 11:38:03 AM

A Big No...... u will not able to run gta 4 and expansions smoothly until u have a native Quad core processor.. even though it's a bad ported game and thus lags on high configurations...
Score
0
August 6, 2010 2:17:45 PM

It can run well in C2D 2.8GHz.I have played this game in my friend house,he has C2D Processor & HD 4670.It run smoothly in his rig.But for higher performance it is recommended to use C2Q or higher processor.
Score
0
August 6, 2010 2:31:11 PM

gameranik said:
It can run well in C2D 2.8GHz.I have played this game in my friend house,he has C2D Processor & HD 4670.It run smoothly in his rig.But for higher performance it is recommended to use C2Q or higher processor.

for ur information i ran gta4 on my old p4.. but every setting to low....but on quad u just need a descent GPU and u can run on atleast 98% setting to max..... :D 
Score
0
August 6, 2010 4:21:15 PM

At present I am running this game at maximum setting in HD 5670 wih C2Q without any problem!!
Score
0
August 6, 2010 4:45:05 PM

gameranik said:
At present I am running this game at maximum setting in HD 5670 wih C2Q without any problem!!

i also have a C2Q, but because of my 9400GT i am running this game at 70% settings to high.....
Score
0
January 19, 2011 1:32:36 PM

jefe323 said:
Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City minimum system requirements

Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 GHz
Memory: 1.0 GB (Windows XP) 1.5 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 16 GB of free space
Video Card (graphics): 256 MB Nvidia 7900 / 256 MB ATI X1900
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Internet connection required for activation and multiplayer

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City recommended system requirements

Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1 GHz
Memory: 2.0 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 18 GB of free space
Video Card (graphics): 512 MB Nvidia 8600 / 512 MB ATI 3870
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Internet connection required for activation and multiplayer



Hey Guys

I have a laptop, and it plays extremely slowly. Graphics is also very poor! I make the minimum requirements except my graphics card is a GEFORCE GO 7300, not an NVIDIA 7900.

I think that's my problem, my grophics card and generally laptops aren't the best for playing games. Especially if I just-just make the minimum requirements.

What can I do? Is there a patch I can download that will help?

Thank you
Llew
Score
0
January 20, 2011 12:46:03 PM

It will work alright, but not at like 30 FPS or so. I had the game in my 8400 GS and I had to lower all the graphics to play it at like 18-28 FPS. Also try lowering the resolution to get better FPS.
Also the game requires a quad Core processor t make it run fine since it requires many rendering and it will use up almost all your memory
Score
0
January 20, 2011 2:04:29 PM

Gman450 said:
It will work alright, but not at like 30 FPS or so. I had the game in my 8400 GS and I had to lower all the graphics to play it at like 18-28 FPS. Also try lowering the resolution to get better FPS.
Also the game requires a quad Core processor t make it run fine since it requires many rendering and it will use up almost all your memory


Thank you!
Score
0
January 21, 2011 3:56:54 AM

hey i have same setup except c2d 2,66ghz and 1 gb 9400gt but it sucks for heavy games including gta4 and crysis so the game won't work for you satisfactorily
Score
0
January 21, 2011 1:08:46 PM



First thing , GTA IV, is not a game. It is someone's life (play it and you will know what I mean).


Second, if you do not have a Quad processor and a GDDR5 card then I will request you from my heart , do not even try it.
Not that anything less then this will not run it, but that will be like breathing but not living.

Score
0
January 21, 2011 1:09:36 PM



and I mean a true QUAD and not the hyperthreaded ones, at least not i3.

Score
0
January 21, 2011 4:29:43 PM

A general update IS necessary, your current pc may "explode" with GTA 4.. ;) 
Score
0
January 22, 2011 11:04:38 AM

Ever heard of this joke before about GTA IV ?
ME: '' My GPU was walking down the road when suddenly, GTA IV!!!!!
GTA IV: '' Give me all your memory, give it me right nowwwwwww!!!!!
GPU: '' Okay Okay, here you go, just leave poor old me alone''


To Superdonkah who had made this joke ,
I don't mean to steal it, but just thought that it was really funny :D 
Score
0
January 22, 2011 11:24:44 AM

LlewD said:
Hey Guys

I have a laptop, and it plays extremely slowly. Graphics is also very poor! I make the minimum requirements except my graphics card is a GEFORCE GO 7300, not an NVIDIA 7900.

I think that's my problem, my grophics card and generally laptops aren't the best for playing games. Especially if I just-just make the minimum requirements.

What can I do? Is there a patch I can download that will help?

Thank you
Llew



to be able to run GTA IV on a LAPTOP, I think u will need a very high end. There are some gaming laptops but I think they are very expensive and still not sure about it. Look for a laptop which has minimum 4 GB ram ( as 2 GB will be eaten by WIn 7), a true Quad processor and a minimum GDDR5 512 MB card.

Getting the first two is probably easy but the moment you want the third along with first two, the cost will shoot up like anything.
Score
0
August 11, 2012 11:39:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!