Disabling CPU on HP server without rebooting system

Archived from groups: hp.networks,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

Is it possible to disable CPU without rebooting the system
on HP server?

IS there a link/document which I can refer to figure out
the breakdown of the power consumption by various components
in an HP server?

TIA,

Praveen

Archived from groups: hp.networks,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

On the seventh day, Praveen Kumar A wrote...

> Is it possible to disable CPU without rebooting the system
> on HP server?

maybe on the larger NetDomes. On the normal ia32 systems, there's no
chance.

> IS there a link/document which I can refer to figure out
> the breakdown of the power consumption by various components
> in an HP server?

get started with the cpus and watch out for intel's specs (whitepapers),
then read the hard disk documentation. That should pretty much explain
approx. 60-80 percent of wattage.

100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.