Sign in with
Your question

Best laptop pc games ( new Laptop)

Last response: in Video Games
July 29, 2010 1:35:53 PM

Hello,
I just got a Dell Studio 17" i7 quad core processor, 4gb ram and a radeon 1gb video card. I haven't done any gaming since the 1st version of Unreal came out. I am going back to college fulltime and was wondering what would be a good game to play on the laptop? With and without a wireless mouse.

Thanks, folks

More about : laptop games laptop

a c 463 D Laptop
July 29, 2010 6:23:50 PM

Which specific video card do you have?
m
l
July 29, 2010 8:45:50 PM

^ What he said. 1GB means absolutely nothing since OEMs started giving bottom-of-the-barrel cards such as the 5450 and GF 210 a gig. If it's the 5730 that's in the XPS 16, then you should be able to handle quite a few games. A mouse is pretty much needed for shooters and RTS, though. You might get better replies if you specify what hardware you have and what genres of games you like, or even what games you liked from back when you last played them.
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2010 9:18:27 PM

Sorry Folks,
I didn't give you any ammo to work with, I have listed some specifics below.
One of the things that is important to me is a game that I can pop a CD in and play without internet connection. (A) I live in the country so the internet service is terrible (B) When I travel I don't have to worry about Wi-Fi or internet service to play the game.
Types of games I like:
combat or shooting games or something like Unreal(I used to play that 10 years ago) - genre not important
Something I could play using keyboard and mouse.
I just went to returned a game(Supreme Commander II) from Gamestop because it had to be run through something called Steam. The guy at Gamestop assured me that the game would run off of the disk alone and it wouldn't.
As I was typing this a box just popped up and said the game was downloading and would be ready to play in 3 hrs and 49 minutes??????????? The game was returned an hour ago?????
This indicates the novice you are dealing with so please bear with me.

Thanks Again

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache
4GB3 Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
Specifications - Memory
1GB2 ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 560v
Specifications - Video Card
m
l
July 29, 2010 11:49:08 PM

Hmm little to no benchmarks are around for your card. However, according to this post: http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/graphics/ati-mo...

its similar to a 4650. Basically graphic intensive games won't be that playable on full settings, but can probably get away with medium settings.

Heres a benchmark on the 4650, including low med high tests on games and framerates (aka click here for your answer):
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD...
m
l
!