That perfect MMO is so close, yet so far..Help please:)

legendtupacrip

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hi. Im really into playing MMOs and i think i have found the perfect one for me. Im not really into computer tech so i have no idea which computers are suitable for games like Darkfall Online. I already have a computer but its about 3 years old, always on and is basically useless for games. I really want to play Darkfall Online on good quality settings with no lagging issues. Is this possible? I know Newegg have alot of good computers instock and i was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows what computer is perfect for me. Im looking for the computer to play darkfall online and also search the web etc. Darkfall Online Recommended system requirements is below. I am playing WoW at the moment and hate it, my computer is poor and i lagg basically through the whole time i am playing it. So is there anyone out there that knows a good computer for me please? Able to run Darkfall Online nice and smooth with no laggs, and on medium-high settings. Thanks in advance!:D

Darkfall system requirements:
Intel Processor - Pentium 4 3.0GHz
AMD Processor - Sempron 3600+
Nvidia Graphics Card - Geforce 8500
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 3470
RAM Memory - 2 GB
Hard Disk Space - 12 GB
Direct X - 9

* System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide only.
Im not sure if these are accurate but sure close enough.

3nn10

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Hey legend, what is your budget? Would you be willing to try and build one yourself? You will save a ton of money, and it's fun and rewarding!
If your worried about messing up or breaking anything, you can always ask here first and there are hundreds of people ready to help you through it. Plus lots of walkthroughs with plenty of pictures showing how to do everything.
Anyways, let me know how much you want to spend and I'm sure we can find a pre built or all the parts you will need:)

legendtupacrip

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

Hello 3nn10, I am planning on getting this computer at roughly this time next year i woul say. I havn't really thought of building my own, i would rather if it came to me ready to be used. I would say roughly 750$ would be a budget, would this be enough? The computer just needs to be able to run Darkfall smoothly with no laggs and on medium-high settings, also be able to use the internet and watch videos etc, thanks in advance:D

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
For about $750 a year from now you should have no problem buying a pre-built computer to meet those specs.

Until then I'd suggest looking around on forums and sites to get a idea of what you want. A year is a long time away.. Could even consider building your own by then.

There are some sites like Ibuypower or cyberpowerpc that are pretty reasonable. (would have to switch some of the parts around in their builds imo)

legendtupacrip

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Sweet, thanks alot 3nn10 and Bd26. I thought a 750$ system wouldnt really do anything, nice to know there are always some people that help!:D
Being able to run darkfall in ultra everything would be so super awesome.
Il consider building my own system and if i do decide, il come on this forum for the help i will need:D
Thanks alot again

**Edit**
oh, almost forgot .. thanks for the link 3nn10!:)