scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
Aloha dudes and duddettes,

I just downloaded a software program from www.fedexkinkos.com so I could finish up my report for finals. Any how this program you can send your report via internet and they can print it out when you pick it up.

So I downloaded the program and my next start on my comp it prompts me click on which user to choose from: the administrator or a guest??!?!?! when all this time before this download it just goes straight to my windows screen without asking which person is gonna use the comp.

Is there any way I can set it to my original settings? Any help is appreciated.

Mahalo,
Scotty

Thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Go to Start, Control Panel, User accounts, and turn off the guest account. Therefore it will only have your account (administrator). Then if you don't have a password, it should start right to the desktop.

scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
Aloha davemar14,
I did just that and now it prompts me for a password and I just cancelled it and went to my administrator settings. Question is how can I not have that password thingy pop up..... Thank you very much for your help.
Mahalo,
Scotty

Thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Try going into user accounts, and creating a password. Then restart comp and enter password. Then go back into account and click remove password. I have come across this problem on an XP computer. After updating the .net framework, it stops on start-up even though there is only 1 account and no password.

TRENDING THREADS