Doom 3 Cheat Codes - Accessing the console - how ?

I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html

In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
console will be brought up.

As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
console .

How do I overcome this problem ?

B.N/.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
5 answers Last reply

    <admiral_victory@iol.ie> wrote in message
    >I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
    > www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html
    >
    > In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
    > console will be brought up.
    >
    > As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
    > console .
    >
    > How do I overcome this problem ?
    >
    > B.N/.
    > --
    >
    > to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

    Press it anyway, all 3 at the same time.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On 11/1/2004 1:55 PM admiral_victory@iol.ie brightened our day with:

    http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FAQ_Console.htm

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:
    > I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
    > www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html
    >
    > In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
    > console will be brought up.
    >
    > As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
    > console .
    >
    > How do I overcome this problem ?
    >
    >heh....scared the krap out of myself the first time I tried to bring the
    console down and cut loose with a shotgun blast instead...just change
    yer config file not to use ctrl to fire
    --
    Servo
    "Long live the New Flesh!"

    Don't know. I just switch to flashlight before doing the Cntrl/Alt/~
    thing.

    > As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
    > console .
    >
    > How do I overcome this problem ?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:54:47 GMT, Windcat <fergetit@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >Don't know. I just switch to flashlight before doing the Cntrl/Alt/~
    >thing.
    I think I've sorted it out now - thanks to the advice here.

    Changing the function of the Ctrl key solved it.

    Also I forgot that my k.b is a European one - the ~ key is triggered
    by a different key which I've now worked out -

    B.N.
    --

    to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

Consoles Games Email Video Games