Doom 3 Cheat Codes - Accessing the console - how ?

I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html

In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
console will be brought up.

As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
console .

How do I overcome this problem ?

B.N/.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

<admiral_victory@iol.ie> wrote in message
>I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
> www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html
>
> In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
> console will be brought up.
>
> As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
> console .
>
> How do I overcome this problem ?
>
> B.N/.
> --
>
> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

Press it anyway, all 3 at the same time.

On 11/1/2004 1:55 PM admiral_victory@iol.ie brightened our day with:

http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FAQ_Console.htm

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

SERVO

admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:
> I have been looking at the Cheat Codes given in
> www.24hrgamers.com/codes.ht/3702/3702.html
>
> In that URL it states that, if you press Ctrl+Alt+~ during play the
> console will be brought up.
>
> As soon as I press Ctrl - it fires the weapon - thus I don't get the
> console .
>
> How do I overcome this problem ?
>
>heh....scared the krap out of myself the first time I tried to bring the
console down and cut loose with a shotgun blast instead...just change
yer config file not to use ctrl to fire
--
Servo
"Long live the New Flesh!"

Don't know. I just switch to flashlight before doing the Cntrl/Alt/~
thing.

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:54:47 GMT, Windcat <fergetit@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Don't know. I just switch to flashlight before doing the Cntrl/Alt/~
>thing.
I think I've sorted it out now - thanks to the advice here.

Changing the function of the Ctrl key solved it.

Also I forgot that my k.b is a European one - the ~ key is triggered
by a different key which I've now worked out -

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"