neCroManCer

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Some trouble with ASUS K7S333, please help me ;)

My friend's mobo: ASUS K7S333 has trouble.
The sound card can't made a sound allthough I installed the new "official" driver which is downloaded from ASUS site with the same type mobo's link. The oS: Windows XP.
Are that possible if the sound card and modem (with "sound" enabled) made a trouble?
I access DirectX (which is DirectX 9), the "Sound" tab available on more than 3 options! The options are Sound #1, Sound #2, Sound #3, etc... One of the is the real sound card type and driver. The others just the "sound" for these modem. The modem used are internal type. More detailed information I will post it soon.
Additional information: AC'97 enabled in BIOS, driver installed correctly with the same type, same manufacturer, same mobo, etc... ;) About trying to disconnecting the modem, I'll try later (because that isn't my comp).

Thank you in advance.

neCroManCer

=================================================
Try to learn something better for your own life.

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
It seems you want to use the onboard sound? Or are you using an additional soundcard.

Try putting the modem in another PCI slot and post more detailed system specifications.

neCroManCer

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Yes... you right the sound card is onboard.
I will try to pull-out the modem.
Thanx about your response.

CMC

neCroManCer

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
The problem was not solved by putting the modem. May be someone know about other way to functioning that soundcard?
The soundcard is really onboard.
Thank you in advance.

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Ok..

Could you post more detailed information about the system like you said before? Chipset (guess via kt333..), CPU, HD, mem, graphics card, anything. The more we know about the problem, the better we might be able to solve it.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This might not be your problem, but making sure speaker cable is connected to the right one (Line out, usually is a green hole) on the mobo.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.