Sign in with
Your question

Darkfall not installing

Last response: in Video Games
August 1, 2010 10:17:22 PM

I downloaded the torrent to Darkfall and when i try to install it, it won't let me past the prerequisites wizard. It tells me that I need to add microsoft visual c ++ 2008 and direct x. After going thru the process it tells me that certain prerequisites did not load and to press back to see which ones, low and behold pressing back shows me the two things I should have just installed. I have downloaded these two things via the darkfall prereq installer and from the MS website, each time a box is telling me the the program may have been installed improperly (the visual c++) and has compatability issues. I just recently installed windows 7 and have had a couple other issues ex.- task manager doesn't come up when summoned and antivirus doesn't act right.

So my question is how do i get this visual c++ 2008 to get on my comp and stay there?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/1/2010, 18:15:28
Machine name: CHRIS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM
Page File: 1679MB used, 10602MB available

More about : darkfall installing

August 2, 2010 11:14:46 AM

First of all torrent is an illegal site and its always not trustful that whatever you download will work even if the comments are good for the game so my suggestion is to get a valid copy of the game and then play...this error will not come during doing this...
m
l
August 5, 2010 9:23:53 PM

reformat your windows 7. and rocky if you knew anything about darkfall it uses torrents to distribute the game. its not illegal just how it is.
m
l
!