Iwill dh800 - DDR400 200Mhz Memory and NCCH-DL

EyeOfThierry

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2005
Hi there...

I read the review for Iwill DH800 motherboard for use with the Zeon chips, and after looking at some specification on memory had a question. There are only 4 slots for memory modules on the board, and the specifications I've read indicate the board only supports Modules up to the size of 512mb.

Now how is it that the board supposedly can support 4gb, up to 512mb modules but have only 4 slots to put that in... In my book that adds up to 2GB.

I've just been trying to put a system together, and I just want to make sure of what I'm buying the right thing.

Can I place 4-1gb memory modules into this board? And what's the deal with Corsair memory not working with the board?

One last thing... I'm really conflicted about using Iwill's DH800 or the ASUS NCCH-DL? Iwill is more expense, and i really don't see why everyone seems to prefer it. I don't see that it offers anything more than the OVERCLOCKING enhanced feature.

Thank you all!
Thierry

endyen

Splendid
According to Iwill, their board supports 1 gig memory modules <A HREF="http://www.iwill.net/product_2.asp?p_id=25" target="_new">http://www.iwill.net/product_2.asp?p_id=25</A>

EyeOfThierry

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2005
Thanks! I should have checked the makers of the motherboard. The information I found was from NewEgg.com. Obviously they missed that piece of information.

Any suggestion between the Iwill board and the Asus NCCH-DL?

Thanks,
Thierry

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It probably supports 512MB per bank. That would mean it supports 1GB double-sided modules (2 banks of 512MB per module) but not 1GB single sided modules (which would be extremely rare anyway).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS