Sign in with
Your question

Will this laptop play sc2 (at all)?

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2010 5:21:28 PM

So, I have the best girlfriend in the world. We've been playing soul calibur 4 on my ps 3 for a while. I mentioned my excitement about sc2 coming out, and she said she would give it a try so we can play together.

I'm going to wait for the price to drop as we need to copies, so I am going to start her of with either sc1 or wc3. Probably wc3 as the heroes make it a bit tougher to learn, so once she gets that sc2 will be a breeze.

We just bought her a new laptop a couple of months back, and gaming was not a concern at the time. I'm just wondering if she will be able to play on this system?

i3-330M(2.13GHz), 3GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HD, 15.6in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11bgn wireless, Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Camera, 6c Li-Ion, Win7 Home Premium 64

I am concerned about the intel graphics.

More about : laptop play sc2

August 2, 2010 7:05:16 PM

she will be able to. But having just purchased it myself, she will want an external mouse...
August 2, 2010 8:10:01 PM

Great, thanks.

Yes, she she a good bluetooth one I bought her.

I just installed WC3, and it runs fine, though it will only go up to 1024/768 32 bit. Better than nothing. 36ish fps as well.
Related resources
August 2, 2010 8:43:08 PM

Ahh... Those are integrated graphics.. If you wanted To play SC2 you should have gotten a discrete board
August 2, 2010 9:22:43 PM

plznote said:
Ahh... Those are integrated graphics.. If you wanted To play SC2 you should have gotten a discrete board

It was not purchased with gaming in mind. He simply wanted to know if it would work. :)  And it will. Can it go maxed out on graphics, probably not. But it should be descent enough to do what they want.
!