repars

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Does anyone have any experience with the MSI K8T Neo2?
I recently up dated my computer with this borad, I really like it except my computer randomly crashes. Espically when running 3D Mark 2005. It appears to go in to hibernation mode, but it never wakes up??? Not sure what to do I figured I'd get some help from the experts.
Hear is a list of my other components
AMD 3200
Antec SL350 power supply
ATI 9700 (regular)
IDM 40 Gig IDE
2 X 512mb of PC 2700
Fresh Windows XP SP2 with updated drivers.

If anyone has any susgestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
JP

pat

Expert
Well, are you running it with fast draw enabled and agp set to 8x??? it is a common trouble with VIA chipset and SP2 I think... Update your VIA drivers to the latest and test again. If it still crash, then turn fastdraw off and put AGP to 4 X. It wont really run slower, but much more stable.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

repars

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Thank for the advice guys! I tried running the computer with fast write disabled. Unfortunetly no effect.
I'm not sure how to log voltages and temperatures, but I'll do a little research.
Also one more strange occurance, I have MSI core voltage center that monitors cpu temps, voltages and fan speeds. It is saying that my Core votage is 1.41V and that my 3.3V is N/A However when I check my Bios it is reading approx 3.3 volts. Not sure what to do.
Thanks agian for everyones time I really appreciate it!

JP

repars

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Thanks I'll give that a shot next!
More news to report. I brought out the old trusty voltometer and checked the voltage of the 3.3V power out put from my PS sure enough 3.3V so everything seems to be in order.
Then I went in and manually set my AGP bus to 66 insead of Auto, believe it or not my computer hasn't locked up since. Given that's only been about 20 mins. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks

JP