Closed Solved

Question for those who have Borderlands on ATI cards

Playing at 1920x1080 on an ATI 5850, X4 965 BE CPU, 4GB Ripjaw. Every few minutes I get a hiccup, where the game freezes. Pretty much everything is maxed out. If I Cntrl-Alt-Del, then go back it's fine. But after doing some research I'm learning that Borderlands and ATI cards don't play well because it was optimized for Nvidia.

What can I afford to keep on max? A few posts say disable dynamic shadows. But those threads were from fall 2009... Are those issues still a concern? Or is there something else I should be disabling or turning down?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question borderlands cards
  1. Best answer
    My borderlands locked up and crashed every 5 minutes, I rolled back to 10.4 drivers and it solved the problem. Even now the new 10.7 drivers recognizes the problems in the release notes, and suggests 10.5, but I had some problems with 10.5 as well.
    I'm running a 965 BE CPU // 2x 5770's crossfire // 4gb Dominator-GT ddr3 // corsair 750w PSU.
  2. Well, I play maxed out on 1080p, with no problems at all on 10.7a drivers. But i've only given it 20hrs cause didnt like the game much.
  3. Hmmm I used to run borderlands fine with the HD 5770x2 in crossfire until I downloaded the latest driver update recently and that seemed to have completely messed up the graphics on it, I guess the game doesn't like running on the latest driver update
  4. Best answer selected by nochancemrp.
  5. I'm definitely experiencing this issue with the 10.7 drivers. I wonder if the new 10.8 drivers fixes the issue?

I'd hate to roll back because the newer drivers helped out with BF2BC.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming CPUs ATI Video Games