Upgrading hard disk in notebook

Andy

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading the hard disk in my Pavilion ze4323ea notebook.
Existing disk is a Toshiba HDD2164 and I was thinking of fitting the Hitachi
Travelstar HTS548040MSAT00 ( 40GB 5400 spindle speed ).

Am I likley to have any problems doing this, especially from the point of
power consumption etc

Regards

Andy

As a general rule, replacing a notebook drive with one of higher capacity but
the same RPM does not present any power problems. Faster RPM drives draw more
power, generate more heat, reduce available time running only on battery. All
2.5" drives are made with the same physical form factor, placement of pins and
mounting screw holes. Hitachi TravelStar drives are respectable.

Not sure how you can check into BIOS compatibility issues, but many motherboard
BIOSes, both notebook and desktop, have BIOS limits above which a hard drive
will not work right. With a notebook, there is no possibility of an add-in card
with a replacement hard drive BIOS... Ben Myers