Solved

Will my new computer be able to run FFXIV??

I recently purchased the HP TouchSmart 20" LCD 300-1025 All-in-One Desktop PC.

The specs:

* AMD Athlon II X2 240e Dual-Core Processor (2.8 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 4000 MHZ System Bus)
* 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM memory
* 640GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive; Slot-load SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
* Touch-enabled 20" diagonal HD LCD Display with Brightview technology
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* ATI RadeonTM HD 3200 Graphics with 320MB integrated shared graphics memory.
* Up to 1919MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows 8

I no next to nothing about computers but I loved ffxi and am looking forward to 14. My question is is my new computer good enough to run the game smoothly? If i am to upgrade the graphics card what should i purchase to run the game decently.

Any advice is appreciated thanks

Recommended to run the game:
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.
Processor: Intel Core i7 2.66GHz or higher. *
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more and DirectX 9. **
Memory: 4GB of RAM.
Disk Space: 15GB.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will computer ffxiv
  1. Best answer
    Yeah, as long as you get a dedicated video card, you should be able to run the game fine on those specs. I would say nothing LESS then a Radeon 4850/5750 or a Geforce 240/250. In the mean time, you can always go and get the FFXIV Benchmark and see where you stand.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/
  2. Thanks appreciate the reply thats exactly what i needed. Will be purchasing one of those soon. Won't have access to the computer till saturday hopefully the benchmark doesnt crash like it does on my labtop.
  3. Best answer selected by Usernamesareannoying.
  4. Glad I could help! Maybe well bump into each other in game when it launches! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games