I recently purchased the HP TouchSmart 20" LCD 300-1025 All-in-One Desktop PC.
* AMD Athlon II X2 240e Dual-Core Processor (2.8 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 4000 MHZ System Bus)
* 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM memory
* 640GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive; Slot-load SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
* Touch-enabled 20" diagonal HD LCD Display with Brightview technology
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* ATI RadeonTM HD 3200 Graphics with 320MB integrated shared graphics memory.
* Up to 1919MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows 8
I no next to nothing about computers but I loved ffxi and am looking forward to 14. My question is is my new computer good enough to run the game smoothly? If i am to upgrade the graphics card what should i purchase to run the game decently.
Any advice is appreciated thanks
Recommended to run the game:
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.
Processor: Intel Core i7 2.66GHz or higher. *
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more and DirectX 9. **
Memory: 4GB of RAM.
Disk Space: 15GB.
Yeah, as long as you get a dedicated video card, you should be able to run the game fine on those specs. I would say nothing LESS then a Radeon 4850/5750 or a Geforce 240/250. In the mean time, you can always go and get the FFXIV Benchmark and see where you stand.
Thanks appreciate the reply thats exactly what i needed. Will be purchasing one of those soon. Won't have access to the computer till saturday hopefully the benchmark doesnt crash like it does on my labtop.