Sign in with
Your question

Problem installing some drivers on ASUS K8N Mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2005 2:12:28 PM

I just finished to build a computer and at the time of installing Drivers for the Motherboard (ASUS K8N socket 754 coupled to an Athlon 64 3000+)I run into problem trying to install the USB 2 Drivers. The installation CD prompts you to go to Device Manager and highlight the USB devices and install the USB drivers by way of using the UPDATE DRIVER option and then selecting the optical drive that has the installation CD ...it just wont work....(I believe installing from a CD using Device Manager just doesn't work).

However my Mouse which is USB works fine even if I did not install yet any drivers.

What's the story on these USB drivers?...do I have to install new USB drivers?....

I went to the ASUS website and look for those drivers to download but there isn't any....
January 26, 2005 2:38:50 PM

What OS are you using? IF you are using XP, you needed to install SP1 or greater before the chipset drivers. If you did that, then you should be good to go.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.
January 26, 2005 5:11:46 PM

I am using Windows XP home Edition with SP2...I guess that is as good as having SP1...
Related resources
January 26, 2005 5:28:25 PM

If you have XP with SP2 then you are good to go. You should have USB 2.0. The driver is in SP1 or SP2.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.
January 26, 2005 11:36:24 PM

are USB2.0 activated in BIOS. Some board has the option for no USB, USB1.1 only and USB 2.0/1.1.

check that.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
January 26, 2005 11:56:01 PM

That is a good point.. I was taking that for granted. :) 

!