JJ

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

Hi all,

I've got a HP Netserver E50(333mhz, 144mb ram etc.), and I found a USB port
on the system board, but it was behind a piece of plastic, that i have
removed. Is it possible to use this usb port? It doesn't appear in the
device manager(win2000), or in the bios.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

You might check HP's web site for an E50 BIOS upgrade, which may make the USB
port visible. If not, the E50 USB port is USB 1.1 anyway, so you would get
better USB support by adding a PCI USB card... Ben Myers

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:00:40 +0100, "JJ" <geenbestaandadres@lycos.nl> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've got a HP Netserver E50(333mhz, 144mb ram etc.), and I found a USB port
>on the system board, but it was behind a piece of plastic, that i have
>removed. Is it possible to use this usb port? It doesn't appear in the
>device manager(win2000), or in the bios.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Vincent

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

On the seventh day, JJ wrote...

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a HP Netserver E50(333mhz, 144mb ram etc.), and I found a USB port
> on the system board, but it was behind a piece of plastic, that i have
> removed. Is it possible to use this usb port? It doesn't appear in the
> device manager(win2000), or in the bios.

I've got a Netserver E60 and it's pretty much like you described it: USB
port behind covered by a plate. Ben is right that you'll need to check for
a newer BIOS. Simply remove the plate, enable the USB option in the BIOS
and you're all set.

HTH

100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

TRENDING THREADS