Scanning 35mm Slides w/HP Scanjet-5300C

Have 100's of 35mm color slides. Want to scan onto Iomega 100mb disks then print my
favorites.
Bought a little HP 35mm slide adapter but scans at 1:1 size. Enlarging to 4x5" size with
any Photo editor yields blocky pixels image. Saw a passing remark somewhere of a HP
"Lighted" 35mm adapter but cannot find the product for sale, even online HP store.

Seems like there should be a device to lay on my flat bed scanner, hold one slide, project
it on a frosted focal plane in 4x5 size so it could be scanned into my puter, then saved on
my Iomega disk, then printed on my HP PhotoSmart-1115 printer.

Any guidance is welcome.
Thanks,
Jim.
2 answers Last reply
More about scanning 35mm slides scanjet 5300c

    Eagle wrote:
    > Have 100's of 35mm color slides. Want to scan onto Iomega 100mb
    > disks then print my favorites.
    > Bought a little HP 35mm slide adapter but scans at 1:1 size.
    > Enlarging to 4x5" size with any Photo editor yields blocky pixels
    > image. Saw a passing remark somewhere of a HP "Lighted" 35mm adapter
    > but cannot find the product for sale, even online HP store.
    >
    > Seems like there should be a device to lay on my flat bed scanner,
    > hold one slide, project it on a frosted focal plane in 4x5 size so it
    > could be scanned into my puter, then saved on my Iomega disk, then
    > printed on my HP PhotoSmart-1115 printer.
    >
    > Any guidance is welcome.
    > Thanks,
    > Jim.

    The slide must be backlighted for adequate scanning, so the scanner must
    be designed specifically for slide scanning. The scanner should support
    high resolution, at least (IMO) 1200 dpi for a "reasonable" scan for low
    resolution uses like jpg for web or projection. Much greater scanning
    resolution is needed for printing, depending on the print size. Check
    here for scanning basics: http://www.scantips.com/

    Eagle wrote:
    > Have 100's of 35mm color slides. Want to scan onto Iomega 100mb
    > disks then print my favorites.
    > Bought a little HP 35mm slide adapter but scans at 1:1 size.
    > Enlarging to 4x5" size with any Photo editor yields blocky pixels
    > image. Saw a passing remark somewhere of a HP "Lighted" 35mm adapter
    > but cannot find the product for sale, even online HP store.
    >
    > Seems like there should be a device to lay on my flat bed scanner,
    > hold one slide, project it on a frosted focal plane in 4x5 size so it
    > could be scanned into my puter, then saved on my Iomega disk, then
    > printed on my HP PhotoSmart-1115 printer.
    >
    > Any guidance is welcome.
    > Thanks,
    > Jim.

    ....also comp.periphs.scanners is a good place to look for information on
    scanners, techniques, etc. Comp.periphs.printers gets the printing side
    of scanning.

Hewlett Packard Iomega Computers