Sign in with
Your question

Good laptop for 600 bucks i can run Starcraft 2 on Best settings.

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2010 6:21:35 PM

I have spent like 2 weeks looking for a laptop to run star-craft 2 on like the best settings. Can any1 help me out please!
August 4, 2010 8:42:01 PM

Well laptops are pretty expensive for gaming... ($600 wont cut it) StarCraft 2 on ultra requires a good CPU and a Decent GPU
m
l
August 4, 2010 8:47:59 PM

Yeah, I agree. Guess you'll need to spend at least $1000 on a decent gaming laptop.
m
l
Related resources
a c 439 D Laptop
August 4, 2010 11:28:01 PM

A $600 desktop = > Yes, it is possible.

A $600 notebook = > No, it is not possible.
m
l
August 5, 2010 12:29:22 AM

Actually $600 for a SC2 high-ultra capable laptop is not as impossible as some here may say, especially if you are willing to go with a refurd. The days of "you need $1000+ for a gaming laptop" are long gone. I bought my gaming laptop 18 months ago for $800 and it plays SC2 on the highest settings. All you really need to be concerned with nowadays for a gaming laptop is a decent GPU. The mainstream CPUs, RAM and other components in laptops today are more than sufficient for even high end gaming even on the cheaper models. So just look for something that is a basic model laptop + decent GPU and you'll be all set. Stay away from unnecessary extras like Blu-Ray, SSDs, more than 4GB RAM, screens over 17", 3G/4G etc and you can really cut down the price of a gaming laptop possibly even to $600. You just have to shop around for the right model. Unfortunately laptop setups are not as customizable desktops so you'll have to shop around a bit more.

Just a quick search and here's something close to you price that would definitely do the job.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
m
l
August 6, 2010 5:31:30 PM

If you want to use a laptop to game on I do think you want the screen to be over 17''? At least, that's what I would want.
But yeah, if you can live with smaller I guess it could be quite a bit cheaper than 1000 Dollar as Purplerat said.
m
l
August 6, 2010 9:53:32 PM

purplerat said:
Actually $600 for a SC2 high-ultra capable laptop is not as impossible as some here may say, especially if you are willing to go with a refurd. The days of "you need $1000+ for a gaming laptop" are long gone. I bought my gaming laptop 18 months ago for $800 and it plays SC2 on the highest settings. All you really need to be concerned with nowadays for a gaming laptop is a decent GPU. The mainstream CPUs, RAM and other components in laptops today are more than sufficient for even high end gaming even on the cheaper models. So just look for something that is a basic model laptop + decent GPU and you'll be all set. Stay away from unnecessary extras like Blu-Ray, SSDs, more than 4GB RAM, screens over 17", 3G/4G etc and you can really cut down the price of a gaming laptop possibly even to $600. You just have to shop around for the right model. Unfortunately laptop setups are not as customizable desktops so you'll have to shop around a bit more.

Just a quick search and here's something close to you price that would definitely do the job.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Ah.. Thats laptops over $700 wiht shipping and tax.. And has Vista 32bit...
m
l
August 6, 2010 10:03:08 PM

plznote said:
Ah.. Thats laptops over $700 wiht shipping and tax.. And has Vista 32bit...

What part of "quick search" didn't you get?
m
l
August 6, 2010 11:00:45 PM

Well, it was a natural mistake... :) 
m
l
!