My xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

theD08

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
my xbox has a wireless adapter on it and it used to work just fine but now it won't connect to the internet anymore. it will detect the server, but not connect to the internet. the only thing i can think of is that my roommate bought an Apple iPort wireless router and mayeb it won't connect because they're conflicting brands but i'm not sure.. any help?

theD08

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
the router is set up to whatever the latest one is. i just bought the newest wireless router for the xbox (the black one) and it still will not connect. i have no idea how to fix it and its really pissing me off

deguc6

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011

Did you ever get it to work...because I'm having the same problem. However, it worked find with my Airport until all of a sudden. It will connect with the neighbor's unsecured internet, but not mine. I tried taking the password off the router, went through unplugging everything....nothing has helped. Just wondered if you got things working and how.

ayande

Distinguished
May 11, 2011

I also installed a new wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2) and initially my XBox 360 refused to connect. I checked the router security settings and found that I had set up fixed MAC ids in the router and this was not letting the XBox to connect. I found the XBox MAC id in the Advanced Network option of the console and added the same to the router list. After this the network connected without any hitch. Hope this works for you as well.

ayande

Distinguished
May 11, 2011

I also installed a new wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2) and initially my XBox 360 refused to connect. I checked the router security settings and found that I had set up fixed MAC ids in the router and this was not letting the XBox to connect. I found the XBox MAC id in the Advanced Network option of the console and added the same to the router list. After this the network connected without any hitch. Hope this works for you as well.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Try to set up your router settings. Make it where it has a certain security setting with a password. Run you XBox to where it detects wireless detections and try to connect to your router with using your new password.

If that does not work. Try to restore everything on your router to factory defaults. And try the secuirty settings again.

Just make sure you give your router a ID name, and security type that is compatible with your XBox, and a password. That way your XBox and router are connected directly.