Firefox 3.6.4 with Crash Protection Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]adobe pdf plugin always crashed for me, this will definitely help[/citation]
You are actually using adobe's craptactular PDF reader? What the hell is wrong with you. Go get Foxit or one of the mayh other readers that DON'T chew up 200+Mb, install unwanted crap (photoshop album, adobe downloader, etc) and slow your computer and browser to a crawl.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]sheytan[/nom]Well I guess this is old news since version 3.6.6 is out now...[/citation]

I didn't even notice 3.6.4 was out yet, lmao. Time to update.

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I must have a rare system, but Firefox never crashes on my main system. I've heard about it's frequent crashing but never really ever experienced it. But did on an old system made back in 2002 running windows xp, I did have a select few crashes the few weeks I used it while my main system was down due to an RMA.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Firefox has been unstable with just about every plugin from 3.5.x to about 3.6.4... The instability and sluggishness has caused me to migrate to Chrome. However having gone back to FF with 3.6.4, it has regained some of the stability pre-FF3.5 so I am not totally avoiding FF anymore. But in general FF has lost me. Too unstable for too long coupled with Chrome being faster and having almost as many of the same extensions...

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Firefox has been unstable with just about every plugin from 3.5.x to about 3.6.4... The instability and sluggishness has caused me to migrate to Chrome. However having gone back to FF with 3.6.4, it has regained some of the stability pre-FF3.5 so I am not totally avoiding FF anymore. But in general FF has lost me. Too unstable for too long coupled with Chrome being faster and having almost as many of the same extensions...[/citation]
Chrome still has a long way to match FF in add-ons and customization.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I don't even remember the last time FF crashed on me, has been a long time and I use a good amount of plugins, and tend to switch them out and try new ones all the time.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]sheytan[/nom]Well I guess this is old news since version 3.6.6 is out now...[/citation]
That was what I was going to say and I run FF on my Mac.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
3.6.4 actually is causing crashes, I had to remove it and go back to 3.5.10. Although I haven't done the research I think maybe 3.6.6 is a fix for the anti-crash plugin.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
When I got 3.6.4 last friday(i think) my flash player went crazy. Youtube videos started crashing and facebook apps didnt work right. However sonci the 3.6.6 update last night, the problem has been fixed and Firefox is as stable as ever.

I also love the open-source war :)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Tamz_msc[/nom]What is this?You guys are really late calling this news.Just upgraded to 3.6.6 from 3.6.4 which was released on Friday![/citation]
If you havent noticed, this was released last friday night. Toms doesnt update their news 24 hours a day. And they rarely post news on weekends. I think its fine you already knew about this before it was posted, but thats no reason to flame them for not working on weekends.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Wow... so when the instance crashes and my content isn't usable. It tells me that I can refresh the page and get back at it. IE8 already does this automatically without requiring user intervention. It's only annoying if an ad crashes it and not the main content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS