Halo 2 [PC ]

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I went ahead and bought Halo 2 since i probably will be upgrading my rig, it will be running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Now i hear alot of topics where people say the game doesnt work with Windows 7, and alot of people say it works good right out of the DVD case so i don't know what's going on, i figure it is only a 19 dollar game and shouldn't have to worry about wasting so much money on a expensive PC title. But if anyone here knows anything about getting this game to work flawlessly (or almost)
i am also a member of Xbox Live, and still hope that if it is possible i can play it online, i sure hope that the community has gotten bigger since microsoft pulled the plug on Halo 2 online play on the 360.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
From my understanding, its a hit or miss. I dont know if this does have anything to do with it, but the version of Win 7 that the people are running might effect it (why i dont know, but it seems to be the only thing that changes from computer to computer) such as Pro vs Ultimate...

mresseguie

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Well, I have Win7 64bit, and I simply can't get HALO to work. There is a patch that is supposed to fix the problem, but that didn't fix it for my computer. (!@#$%^&*)

Good luck with your computer.