Intel motherboard question

Lorthos

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2004
Hello

I have an intel 875PBZ motherboard and had a question about one of the fan connectors on the motherboard.

Theres one of those small three pin connectors at the top of the board that says voltage regulator fan in the manual. VR fan on the board. I'm not to clear on what this connector is for and I sure can't find anything in the manual about it.

Is it a connector for a fan monitor on the Power Supply? I currently have a rear fan connected to the rear chassis fan connector and a front fan connected to the front chasses fan connector. In the Intel monitor it shows three system fans, I'm not sure which fan is which on the monitor so need some help there also. I assume the first one is the processor fan speed.

Also I purchased a new Antec 550 Truepower supply and there is a connector there that says: PSU fan monitor. I'm thinking that you would connect that to the voltage regulator fan connector?

Thanks for any help!!

You can use any of the 3 extra fan headers, and see which one gives you an rpm reading on your hardware monitor. Even without the psu fan monitor, your antec ps will still regulate the fan speed according to temperature.

Lorthos

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2004
Hello

Thanks for the reply. But you don't know why that connector is labeled voltage regulator fan then? Theres only three fan monitors on the Intel monitor. And I got those figured out now. Its the processor, front fan, and rear fan. So even with the fan monitor on the psu plugged in there its not showing up.