Spkrphone + Analog Roaming!

As a VerizonWireless customer, those are the only two features I want.
I live in the middle of nowhere, I need that analog. I've also found
speakerphone from my SE-47 Slider to be an awesome tool to use. My LG
TM510 is awesome at finding signals in poor service areas, but doesn't
have a speakerphone. So I want to upgrade to a newer phone with
speakerphone, but I'm hoping to have that analog roaming ability.

I was looking @ the LG VX4500, or the 6000 - but 6K lacks a
speakerphone, and I think both lack the analog roaming! :(

What can you all suggest?

"Garrett C." <NuAngel@NuAngel.net> wrote in message
> As a VerizonWireless customer, those are the only two features I want.
> I live in the middle of nowhere, I need that analog. I've also found
> speakerphone from my SE-47 Slider to be an awesome tool to use. My LG
> TM510 is awesome at finding signals in poor service areas, but doesn't
> have a speakerphone. So I want to upgrade to a newer phone with
> speakerphone, but I'm hoping to have that analog roaming ability.
>
> I was looking @ the LG VX4500, or the 6000 - but 6K lacks a
> speakerphone, and I think both lack the analog roaming! :(
>
> What can you all suggest?

Depending on your needs, I have a Moto tri-mode phone (with analog), and a
separate speakerphone attachment (Moto accesory, see it on their website),
plugs into the connector on the phone, works great in both the car and in
offices when in meetings.

For other searches, check out www.phonescoop.com Click on phone finder, then
enter the requirements for your search

One of the best RF performers I've ever owned was the Moto 270C.
It has a great speakerphone, and excellent performance both digital
and analog.

Doesn't have a lot of other frills though.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=42

I see some for sale on ebay. I already gave mine away..

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

On 23 Aug 2004 12:39:34 -0700, NuAngel@NuAngel.net (Garrett C.) wrote:

>As a VerizonWireless customer, those are the only two features I want.
> I live in the middle of nowhere, I need that analog. I've also found
>speakerphone from my SE-47 Slider to be an awesome tool to use. My LG
>TM510 is awesome at finding signals in poor service areas, but doesn't
>have a speakerphone. So I want to upgrade to a newer phone with
>speakerphone, but I'm hoping to have that analog roaming ability.
>
>I was looking @ the LG VX4500, or the 6000 - but 6K lacks a
>speakerphone, and I think both lack the analog roaming! :(
>
>What can you all suggest?

The motorola V710 and the Audiovox 8900 are tri mode speakerphones.
It has been reported here that the Audiovox speakerphone is not very
loud. The V710 's speakerphone is better.

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:58:18 -0700, "Dan Albrich"
<junkmail@shaney.uoregon.edui> wrote:

>One of the best RF performers I've ever owned was the Moto 270C.
>It has a great speakerphone, and excellent performance both digital
>and analog.
>
>Doesn't have a lot of other frills though.
>
>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=42
>
>I see some for sale on ebay. I already gave mine away..
>
>-Dan
My wife still uses it and will not give it up. It is all the things
you said. The speakerphone is great for the car since she isn't fond
of hands free (Its a law in my state)

I hope it lasts forever.

"Matt" <swmmraf24@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I believe that the Motorola v60s is an AMPS/CDMA phone, and has a speaker
> phone. Please correct me if I'm wrong

You are indeed correct. I got a V60s about a month ago and havn't had any
problems with it. Nothing fancy about the phone. The speaker function is
loud, and clear. I haven't used it yet in an AMPS area, but AMPS mode was
one of the criteria on my list when I went shopping.

> "Garrett C." <NuAngel@NuAngel.net> wrote in message
> > As a VerizonWireless customer, those are the only two features I want.
> > I live in the middle of nowhere, I need that analog. I've also found
> > speakerphone from my SE-47 Slider to be an awesome tool to use. My LG
> > TM510 is awesome at finding signals in poor service areas, but doesn't
> > have a speakerphone. So I want to upgrade to a newer phone with
> > speakerphone, but I'm hoping to have that analog roaming ability.
> >
> > I was looking @ the LG VX4500, or the 6000 - but 6K lacks a
> > speakerphone, and I think both lack the analog roaming! :(
> >
> > What can you all suggest?

I just got my Motorola V710. The RF performance on this phone is better
than any I have owned, and I've had many. It holds a signal in areas that
would fade on my T730 and my CDM8600. The speakerphone is significantly
better than my Audiovox CDM8600. Both phones have Analog.

Cons - it is bigger than any of the other phones I've used and the battery
life is not as good. May be a function of having to do a few cycles to
condition a new battery though.