Sign in with
Your question

How can I change my OEM's logo during boot process

Last response: in Motherboards
February 8, 2005 5:08:23 PM

Everytime I start my computer I see the OEM's logo during the boot process. I know how to disable it but I would prefer to change it to my own initials instead.

Can anyone tell me how that is done in general or where I can find additional info about it (I guess I have an Intel mobo in my Dell, but no system analyzing software this far has been able to tell me if it really is so)?
February 8, 2005 5:59:06 PM

You can't. Sorry, just live with it.

February 8, 2005 6:54:34 PM

ROFLMAO - NED, I LOVE THE SIGGY!! :evil: 

Have you read the FAQ? Looked for previous posts on this topic?
Related resources
February 8, 2005 7:29:39 PM

:evil: 

February 12, 2005 1:24:42 PM

Which might kill his motherboard if he doesn't do it properly..
February 12, 2005 10:01:03 PM

Always the option of ordering a new BIOS chip from Dell. I think they would ask you to buy a new system with it though....
February 13, 2005 10:40:53 PM

You can use BIOS editors to change the boot logo, however this requires downloading the editor and a new BIOS flash. Then editing the .bin file, recomiling and then flashing you boards BIOS. If the editor doesnt work properly you destroy your board.
February 15, 2005 6:06:54 AM

I experimented with editing BIOS' on my old gigabyte GA7-ZXR because that had a dual BIOS feature so if it fuked up I could just re-load the BIOS from the backup chip. Im a little more worried about doing it on one of my newer boards because if it goes wrong im screwed.
February 15, 2005 8:33:03 PM

You can order BIOS preflashed for your motherboard online, and they will even send you the proper IC extractor, but it will cost more like $20-$25.

I hear you can create a backup by hotswaping it with a blank BIOS and then flashing that. You can find direction on the web.

People claim its risky, but I never heard of actual dire results.
February 16, 2005 5:56:48 AM

Can you change BIOS chips if they are not socketed?
!