Windows 7 clear run history

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim23x

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and I'd like to clear my run history. I've tried ccleaner and MRUblaster, also manual editing of the registry all to no avail.

When I start the "run" window and type in the first letter of a command, a huge list of files or web addresses starting with that letter appears, i.e. for 'c':

runhistory.png

Does anyone know how to clear this history? I don't even know what it's properly called.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Solution
Right click on the desktop > personalize > Taskbar and Start Menu >Start Menu tab > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu
select off > Apply > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu select on >Apply > ok
That's all.
:hello:
:sleep:

tim23x

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
...but the problem is on my laptop, which I haven't rebooted since I ran them. Just read the small print and re-run ccleaner, followed by a reboot. That's done the trick.

Cheers,

Tim

tim23x

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
...and now the history (the old one which I cleaned with ccleaner) is back again, like some sort of zombie data. Can anyone help? Any idea what the file that stores this data is called, even?

cheers,

Tim

Sophay Aung

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Right click on the desktop > personalize > Taskbar and Start Menu >Start Menu tab > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu
select off > Apply > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu select on >Apply > ok
That's all.
:hello:
:sleep:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.