Closed Solved

Windows 7 clear run history

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and I'd like to clear my run history. I've tried ccleaner and MRUblaster, also manual editing of the registry all to no avail.

When I start the "run" window and type in the first letter of a command, a huge list of files or web addresses starting with that letter appears, i.e. for 'c':

Does anyone know how to clear this history? I don't even know what it's properly called.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows clear history
  1. Thanks for the response - as I say, I've already tried MRUblaster and ccleaner.

Cheers anyway.

Tim
  2. ...but the problem is on my laptop, which I haven't rebooted since I ran them. Just read the small print and re-run ccleaner, followed by a reboot. That's done the trick.

Cheers,

Tim
  3. ...and now the history (the old one which I cleaned with ccleaner) is back again, like some sort of zombie data. Can anyone help? Any idea what the file that stores this data is called, even?

cheers,

Tim
  4. Best answer
    Right click on the desktop > personalize > Taskbar and Start Menu >Start Menu tab > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu
    select off > Apply > store and display recently opened programs in the start menu select on >Apply > ok
    That's all.
    :hello:
    :sleep:
  5. it's really works
    thanks..
  6. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
  7. Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Command Prompt