Motherboard or CPU?

mondpowers

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
I'm freaking out.
My Asus A7N266-VM motherboard is just beeping endlessly even if i removed the RAM. I've removed everything with just the CPU and RAM installed (Built in video). Cleared the CMOS, replaced the PSU and even checked the RAM with my friends PC.Board has no bloated or leaked capacitors.

My daughter is playing a couple of days ago when she said it suddenly freezes and never awakens again. Could it be the built in video crashes? I've tested another video card but still the beeps.

Could anybody out there tell me tips on how to spot a motherboard crash? or it is the CPU?

life stinks hehehehehehe

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Beeping endlessly normally means the board can't detect the RAM, you might have failed RAM.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mondpowers

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
Thanks for the reply crashman, i've tested my other 256mb RAM (i've got 2 sticks) from my neighbors PC and said it works perfectly (bought 2 weeks ago) In any case does it means my mboard is still good?
I will test my cpu later when i bring home the leftover durons at the office.

life stinks

Have you run <A HREF="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1247.html" target="_new">Memtes86</A>?

mondpowers

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
thanks for the help guys. i've finally tested all the components RAM, PSU, CPU. its the mboard allright, but how comes it still beeps? oh well time to buy another one.............

life stinks

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Maybe you can set it up in a paper box in such a way that it starts beeping if you open the box and then send it to a governmental organisation.

btw, don't leave fingerprints.