Sign in with
Your question

Need explanation about Lag and CPU temp drop

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2010 4:19:15 AM

Hi, ive been playing WOW recently and currently i have all the settings on low and im having random lag and disconnection problems. Im running WOW on a compaq presario F767nr

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I know lag can be caused by a lot of problems but what's bothering me is the drop in CPU temp. According to core temp my cpu runs at 70s usually while im playing. Once the lag sets in after a couple of hours of play i notice that the core temp drops suddenly to low 40s and the game just lags like heck. now is this because ive just pushed the limits of my laptop or what? should i be concerned? any explanations? thanks in advance
December 12, 2011 6:35:37 PM

roadmaker said:
Hi, ive been playing WOW recently and currently i have all the settings on low and im having random lag and disconnection problems. Im running WOW on a compaq presario F767nr

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I know lag can be caused by a lot of problems but what's bothering me is the drop in CPU temp. According to core temp my cpu runs at 70s usually while im playing. Once the lag sets in after a couple of hours of play i notice that the core temp drops suddenly to low 40s and the game just lags like heck. now is this because ive just pushed the limits of my laptop or what? should i be concerned? any explanations? thanks in advance

Did you ever figure out what was causing the computer to lag when the CPU temp dropped so much? I am having a similar prob with my HP-DV7-1135nr

~Des
m
l
December 13, 2011 2:31:51 AM

When your CPU heats up past a fail safe point it automatically throttles down to protect it self. The Laging is also caused by the GPU which is also over heating.

When you say 70's do you mean 70C or 70F? When you get to or obove 75c then you are going to start having problems.

You really have to watch Temps on laptops plus you need to try and keep them cool while playing games.

They have coolers that you sit your laptop on to cool it while you are playing. Just remember heat is enemy no 1 for electronics. I hope this is a little help and good luck
m
l
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 13, 2011 6:08:47 PM

most likely the OP's case was not having his power option set to high performance
m
l
December 13, 2011 6:22:59 PM

AntiZig said:
most likely the OP's case was not having his power option set to high performance

I agree and he should check that out two. That is just another step in trouble shooting. You can't rule out anything. Start with most common and easy to uncommon and hardest.
m
l
!