paramsandhuin

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
Hi there everyone

I am a student and currently looking forward to make myself a new PC, I am not a hardcore gamer but will be playing a lot of games and always testing new ones and also i would be using a lot of Photoshop.

I already have 2 sticks of 512mb DDR400 from Kingston which i do not want to throw away, and i would buy P4 2.8Ghz on LGA775 socket and Nvidia 6600GT PCIe from Gigabyte as they are giving the best price to me And for the Case i will either go with Antec SuperLanBoy or Antec SLK3000B and Antec truepower480 PSU.

But i am stuck on Motherboard as there are so many to choose from. I want best value for money.

Any suggestion will be appriciated.
Please help me as i am totally confused on MoBo topic

---------------------------------------
Don`t argue with Idiots,
They will beat u with there Experience....
---------------------------------------

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Intel "BOXD915GAVL"

That's what I'd get. That'd be name frome Newegg, drop the BOXD if you're shopping somewhere else.

Also, I'd suggest making sure you get a PSU with the 24pin connector, not the older 20 pin connector.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Ive got a socket 775. If your going to run one of these CPU's then you better plan on either liquid cooling or at least getting the Zalman"Cant remember the model" CPU heatsink. they are around $50.00 Liquid is the only way to go. The thing is, the 775 is way to hot and your going to run into unexpected problems and cost. The main reason that I dont think you should go with the 775 is becuse of the CPU that you listed. If your going to take on the heat issues of a 775 CPU then only do so if your getting one of the faster models. 3.6 or 3.8 Or better than that get one of the new one that is going to have the extra cashe. Bottom line here is that you will save yourself alo0t of time, money, and problems if you bought the same speed CPU or close in the Northwood COre.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Thank you sir! Do you happen toknow which of the two is the all copper?

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

AlCu = Aluminum and Copper
Cu = Copper