StarCraft 2 Ultra setting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

microwave

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
just wondering if anyone else having problems with SC2

ive looked at all different Forums except 4 battlenet cuz their down right now and ppl are saying that thier getting crashes and artifacts and cards ared being overheated

my problem is with the settings ULTRA... thats just it, its set to ULTRA and the graphics look like crap. Example no detail on character everything is one smooth color like

when i first started the campaign the guy picking up the glass had no detail whats so ever his whole hand was one color no finger nail detail. also plenty of artifacts

appearing everywhere, in fires, explosions, deaths.

so im thinking theres something wrong with the game cuz all my other games run perfect on full settings

my system is brand new 2 months is the oldest

and i cant be overheating with all 3 cards liquid cooled at 40C

is there another patch coming soon to fix this crappy game that i souldnt of bought

i7 960 (3.2) was over clocked at 4.0GHz
motherboard MSI X58 PRO-E
3 ATI 5870 in crossfire all liquid cooled
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
12GB DDR3 1600
1.5TB SATAII
24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
Sound card - Integrated
Ethernet
Realtek chipset, Gigabit LAN
1200watts
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Liquid Cooling Kit
Liquid Cooling

Solution
There was an ATI patch to enable AA on SC2. Try that...google catalyst 10.7a. Also, cards are over heating in certain screens of the game, this could be causing the artifacts etc. Just have to insert some lines in an ini file...Google that also lol i can't link it as i'm at work.

hooray4boobies

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
There was an ATI patch to enable AA on SC2. Try that...google catalyst 10.7a. Also, cards are over heating in certain screens of the game, this could be causing the artifacts etc. Just have to insert some lines in an ini file...Google that also lol i can't link it as i'm at work.

Solution

microwave

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010

my cards arnt overheating thier liquid cooled its was the new ATI paTCH for the 5870 that was messing with my games the 10.7

huhtad

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
I have spent some time with this problem too - after removing all other potential issues, I have discovered that this is a software setting in the user profile - not a hardware problem at all!

I have an ATI 5850 card on an i7-860, no overclocking (right now) - more than enough to run Starcraft 2. It started experiencing artifacts during the tutorial. I ran clean sweep on the drivers, installed the latest, tried running several other games like Crysis - monitoring the temperature of the card on my second monitor. Crysis took it up to about 78C, but Starcraft 2 never went over 58C - hardly stressing the card!

I tried lowering the graphics settings in the game options, I used the "cap" settings in the .INI file - nothing changed.

I finally created a new user account on my Windows installation (thus a new profile for game settings), logged in and ran it again - all my problems went away.

It's a SOFTWARE problem, not a HARDWARE problem - hopfully Blizzard will figure it out soon - I'd rather not have to log into another account just to play one game, but it's better than returning the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.