Gta4 on pentium 4 2.4 ghz

B_wilde64

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Well yes you should be able to play gta 4 on low to medium with your pc, it should run better if you upgrade you grapics card to a 9600gt. also if your pentium 4 has hyperthreading that helps too because it acts like a dual core, an easy way to check is to open task manager and see if you have 2 charts on cpu usage

hope this helps
ben

p.s what is the make and model of your pc, it might be able to take dual core (pentium d)

no, you really need a quad core to run GTA IV decently and the HT from the P4 era is pretty bad

@OP if you really want to play this game, either get a new computer or a console

B_wilde64

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah i know it's not the best setup but maybe this person has'nt got the money to buy a new computer or xbox 360. well at least it's not a celeron d.
a 9600gt should help tho and you can get a second hand one for about £50 £60 or to you Americans $79 or $95. (wich sounds like a lot more!) wich is cheaper that a new xbox 360 or a new pc.

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
a new graphics card isn't going to help. gta 4 is a very cpu heavy game and a single core isn't going to cut it. a dual core is the minimum required, but to get it to run decently, you need a quad core

^^^

Sorry, but the "upgrade" you suggest is not justifiable because the overall performance increase will be very minor compared to the amount of money spent on older tech (meaning the CPU).

To the OP,

Your choices are:

1. A new PC. This is the most expensive route, but with the right parts you will be able to play GTA IV decently. Roughly $600+ for the build without going into specifics.

2. As I stated before, buy the PS3 or Xbox 360. At least with this option you will not need to worry about upgrades for console games.

3. Live without GTA IV.

ashishmax31

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

thanks for the feedback but anyway i am playing gta4 at 1024*768res,all other settings low
thanks once again