ABIT/AWD & RAID 0 ? ? ?

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
Please help!!!

Has anyone ever set up a RAID 0 on an ABIT K8V Pro?
I got this new board installed, set up the RAID array in the raid setup utility by <tab>ing into it. it tells me I have a RAID 0 array with stripe size of 64 and that it is set to be a bootable array. Ok, now when i try to install Windows XP it goes through the motion of loading all the setup files into memory, asks me if i want to install XP or do an XP recovery and when i chosse to install XP it tells me it cannot find a hard drive in the system. When i did this before i used a sil1314 raid driver for this phaze but the disk that came from ABIT only has three different intel raid drivers and a sil1312 driver. the only raid i have is a built in raid from the Via southbridge. anyone ever set up a raid 0 on this MB can tell me what I'm doing wrong or if i need a different raid driver?

I went to the ABIT site and the only raid driver they have is a gui set up that is 6+ mb and doesn't fit on a floppy. :frown:

<font color=orange>AMD 64 3700+@2.52ghz
ABIT K8V-Pro
CORSAIR XMS (1gb) PC-3200
Gigabyte GF 6800gt 256mb
Audigy 2 ZS
2_36.7gb Raptors/Raid 0
Tt 480 watt PSU</font color=orange>

pat

Expert
well, you dont need the whole 6 gigs of files on the floppy, just check the files that are on the floppy for the controller you have, and make another one with the file that are needed for the controller you have. Usually, one .inf file, one .sys file and some other too. You'll figure that out...

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
yup i extracted all the files in the larger files and there was a folder marked drivers. Inside that folder was 2 files. obe was a <i>viasraid.inf</i> file and the other was a <i>viasraid.cat</i> file. the only problem is that windows is looking for something else.

The error it gives is <b>"txtsetup.oem could not be found. Press any key to continue."</b>.

The disk that the Abit sent seems to have a problem because it will only show the intel driver and sil driver on it even though there is a via folder on this disk.

ABIT K8V-Pro
Gigabyte GF 6800gt 256mb
Audigy 2 ZS
2_36.7gb Raptors/Raid 0

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
Never mind!!!! ROFL

Whoa i really gotta take a break from this. lol

The page that comes up during the windows install that asks for the second party driver showed 4 options. What i didn't realize at the time is that if you kept arrowing down there were more options below that, including the option to select the via raid driver. i spent better than two hours trying to get the install going. lol

I feel really silly now!!! LMAO!!!

Sorry for the bother. :redface:

ABIT K8V-Pro
Gigabyte GF 6800gt 256mb
Audigy 2 ZS
2_36.7gb Raptors/Raid 0

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005