Accessing AOL through wireless modem / router

I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her aol
broadband.

Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the configuration
of the modem seems just fine.

However, it won't connect to AOL.

The router says it has a line (and gives an up-time) but there's no AOL
connection.

Has any one else had a problem like this?

If so, did you fix it? and how?

Thanks

Nick
2 answers Last reply
More about accessing wireless modem router

    A quick search turned up this quote

    The Vigor2600 is compatible with all ISPs in the UK and Channel Islands
    (excluding AOL & Compuserve who use their own proprietary authentication
    methods)

    Not sure if you are i the UK though. Its possible this has been fixed by
    firmware. Worth a try

    http://www.draytek.com/english/support/download/Vigor2600.php#Firmware

    "Airhead" <campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote in message
    >A quick search turned up this quote
    >
    > The Vigor2600 is compatible with all ISPs in the UK and Channel Islands
    > (excluding AOL & Compuserve who use their own proprietary authentication
    > methods)
    >

    > Not sure if you are i the UK though. Its possible this has been fixed by
    > firmware. Worth a try
    >
    > http://www.draytek.com/english/support/download/Vigor2600.php#Firmware
    >
    > "NottNick" <nmm657xx@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    >> I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her
    >> aol
    >> broadband.
    >>
    >> Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the
    > configuration
    >> of the modem seems just fine.
    >>
    >> However, it won't connect to AOL.
    >>
    >> The router says it has a line (and gives an up-time) but there's no AOL
    >> connection.
    >>
    >> Has any one else had a problem like this?
    >>
    >> If so, did you fix it? and how?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Nick

    Thanks for that - I'll give it a go (I am in UK), and the current firmware
    is well over a year old.

    Nick

Wireless Connection AOL Wireless Networking