Accessing AOL through wireless modem / router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
October 25, 2004 9:06:31 PM

I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her aol
broadband.

Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the configuration
of the modem seems just fine.

However, it won't connect to AOL.

The router says it has a line (and gives an up-time) but there's no AOL
connection.

Has any one else had a problem like this?

If so, did you fix it? and how?

Thanks

Nick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 25, 2004 9:06:32 PM

A quick search turned up this quote

The Vigor2600 is compatible with all ISPs in the UK and Channel Islands
(excluding AOL & Compuserve who use their own proprietary authentication
methods)

Not sure if you are i the UK though. Its possible this has been fixed by
firmware. Worth a try

http://www.draytek.com/english/support/download/Vigor26...

"NottNick" <nmm657xx@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
> I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her aol
> broadband.
>
> Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the
configuration
> of the modem seems just fine.
>
> However, it won't connect to AOL.
>
> The router says it has a line (and gives an up-time) but there's no AOL
> connection.
>
> Has any one else had a problem like this?
>
> If so, did you fix it? and how?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 25, 2004 11:19:12 PM

"Airhead" <campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote in message
>A quick search turned up this quote
>
> The Vigor2600 is compatible with all ISPs in the UK and Channel Islands
> (excluding AOL & Compuserve who use their own proprietary authentication
> methods)
>

> Not sure if you are i the UK though. Its possible this has been fixed by
> firmware. Worth a try
>
> http://www.draytek.com/english/support/download/Vigor26...
>
> "NottNick" <nmm657xx@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
>> I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her
>> aol
>> broadband.
>>
>> Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the
> configuration
>> of the modem seems just fine.
>>
>> However, it won't connect to AOL.
>>
>> The router says it has a line (and gives an up-time) but there's no AOL
>> connection.
>>
>> Has any one else had a problem like this?
>>
>> If so, did you fix it? and how?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go (I am in UK), and the current firmware
is well over a year old.

Nick