MoBo FSB question

hi. i'm not very computer savvy. i'm doing some research for a new system and was wondering about the FSB spec on a motherboard. If i get a cpu that has a 1600 MHz FSB, but the MoBo lists its FSB as 800 or 1000, does that mean my cpu will not operate at the 1600 speed?
6 answers Last reply
More about mobo question
  1. Quote:
    If i get a cpu that has a 1600 MHz FSB, but the MoBo lists its FSB as 800 or 1000, does that mean my cpu will not operate at the 1600 speed?

What cpu are you talking about? Intel/AMD? Are you sure you're not talking about the speed of the CPU?

2. obviously, i must have misread something. sorry. what i'm getting is an AMD 64 4000+ processor. i notice that motherboards have different speeds (?) in their descriptions... some are 800, 1000, 1600, even 2000. do i need to worry about these figures if i am going to buy the AMD 64 4000+?
  3. yes, socket 939. the various motherboards are asus a8v-e deluxe, asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-SLI. By the way, are there any MoBo manufacturers that you would avoid?
  4. The SLI-mainboards are only interesting if you ever intend to use two very powerful graphics cards. Avoid them if you won't do that, you'll need at least $ 800,- for the cards alone.
  5. uncle sam was nice this tax year. thanks everyone for the insight. i can't wait to put this bad boy together.
  6. LOL i agree with that, uncle sam has his moments hehe. just waiting for my refund

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially a <b> Newbie </b>!! </font color=green>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computer CPUs