mobo/ram compatability

a_malfunction

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I am planning on buying the following:

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS Ultra-939" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

and

PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200, Model PDC1G3200LLK - Retail

I was wondering if anyone had any problems with this combo. Or if anyone has any suggestions for something else (no more expensive, trying to keep everything on budget) that would work better. Thanks guys!

-Gig 'Em Aggies!

G

Yes, i have heard good things about that patriot ram, in fact i was considering getting that same kit for a DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra D, but not sure about compatability yet. I'm wating for more info from manufacturers

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't heard nothing but good things about your memory and in any case the 939's are less picky than the early 754's.

However before trying a new brand I always like to visit their website and see what level of support they offer.

No hassle RMA's with Advance Replacement is nice.
So is email tech support that responds quickly to questions.
A forum staffed by the companies "memory expert" is above and beyond.

I would send a quick email to their tech support asking them about using their memory in that board. Not to see if its compatible, but to see who quickly they respond. If you get a weekday response in 24 hours you know they care about their customers.

G

agreed, i just sent an email to crucial technologies at about 3am pst this morning, just got a response from them at about 1:30, think i may just suck it up and buy there ballistix pc 3200 even if its a bit more expensive. Now since I'm going to be using dual channel architecture, does it matter if the RAM is not in a set? As far as i know, Crucial Technologies doesn not offer kits. As long as its the same RAM it should be ok, correct? Interestingly enough, they reccomend going with the pc 4000 for the DFI lanparty UT nf4 Ultra D main board i want to purchase.

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
OK, i see that's an AGP model - if it's <A HREF="http://www.bfgtech.com/6800OC.html" target="_new">this one</A>. So, should be good to go! ;)