Data access on Extended Network - Does Quick2Net work?

I have a user that is going to be traveling to far southern Oregon this week
(I believe it is USCellular territory) and I am wondering if he will be able
to use a verizon data card to connect to the Internet.

I know that ExpressNetwork (National Access) generally does not work on
other carriers (even if they have 1x gear) but is there a way to setup
Quick2Net to work? If not Quick2Net then can I setup a regular dial-up
connection?

I put him on the $80 a month unlimited data plan, however, Quick2Net will be
billed as a regular call if I am not mistaken...

-Eric

Mike

Splendid

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:26:44 -0700, "Eric Rosenberry"
<erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote:

>I know that ExpressNetwork (National Access) generally does not work on
>other carriers (even if they have 1x gear) but is there a way to setup
>Quick2Net to work? If not Quick2Net then can I setup a regular dial-up
>connection?

Your problem here may be U.S. Cellular. I'm not even sure they have
an equivalent of QNC...and if they do, it generally doesn't work for
roamers.

Alltel's QNC implementation seems to work just fine for VZW users.
The qnc/qnc username password combination is even identical. I've
used QNC/14.4k data on Alltel frequently. The only problem I'm
running into lately...I can't figure out how to drop my new Motorola
V710 phone into lower speed data (via my PDA or laptop, presumably
with some sort of string...the old one I used for my 4400 dosn't
work). If the Alltel network in question is 1X, the QNC won't work -
at least until I figure that out. If it's old-style CDMA digital, it
will work fine, as far as I can tell.

Mike