Where to find a DFI temp and voltage monitor?

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I have the new DFI NF4 Ultra-D mobo and I noticed that it's not listed in the motherboard monitor. Is there another option I could use in MBM or maybe another program to monitor my temps and voltages? I've tried using the Smart Speed that comes with the board, but it doesn't seem to accurate because it with the CPU temps. Thanks in advance.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
MBM5 will probably work, you'll just need to manually go through the sensors until you find roughly the right values. I had to do this on an old board.

Run a CPU-stress benchie, like Prime95 (or even better, join the THGC Folding@Home team and run that :smile: ), and then start hunting through the temp. sensors, find one at around 30-40C, that's probably the mobo, and the other higher one is probably CPU.

Same story with Volts and fanspeeds.

Oh - Turn the MBM5 heat alarms off first, or when you hit a non-existent sensor and it decides it's 127C, the alarm goes off... :eek:

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
My mistake, I see you already are in the team! over 1K too!.

Well done that man :smile:

Want a g-mail invite? I have loads...

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
only problem with being on that is that since I built my new computer it can't get my user ID from the server and just stays in loading the whole time instead of downloading a project and starting it. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I watched it for like 1 minute and just on idle it was reporting my CPU temp to fluctuate from 36-30 and there was no processes running. This is what makes me think it's innacurate because my CPU shouldn't be chaning temperature like that when it's just idling with no processes in the background. It should be staying cool b/c I have it in a Xaser3 case with all the case fans at max RPM.

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I let it sit in BIOS for 10 minutes just to be sure and the temp just changed between 37-38. It didn't fluctuate like the software did. Now i'm thinking I might just have to play around with MBM5 and try to find the right sensor.

dhlucke

Polypheme
When you figure out which sensors, let me know ;)

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

dhlucke

Polypheme
I did that. For temp sensor 3 it reads 70C and then spins up my 120mm CPU fan to 2700RPM's making a major racket. I checked in the BIOS and nothing is at 70C. The other sensors read in the 30's which is about right.

I'm not convinced MBM is working on the board.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

dhlucke

Polypheme
smart guardian was recommended elsewhere. Supposedly it's on the CD that came with my board. I'll check for it now.

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's on the CD under tools and reports my CPU running at 25C

dhlucke

Polypheme
When the fan kicks in, just a little bit, this CPU will drop down to 21C. That's insane.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Oh, you're gonna love this. It will slow down that annoying chipset fan.