A8N-SLI Deluxe vs. Coolermaster Stacker

Trinity6

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
Hi,

Trying to figure out how to connect the front I/O panel cables of a Coolermaster Stacker to an A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo. Manuals are not very clear to me as they mention different abbreviations.

First the connections available at the Stacker end.

Stacker ribbon cable:
POWER LED (white), POWER LED (green)
H.D.D. LED (2-pin: red and white)
POWER SW (2-pin: black and white)
RESET SW (2-pin: orange and white)

I'm pretty sure the RESET SW should go onto the RESET-pin of the 20-pin System panel connector (PANEL) on the mobo, and POWER SW should go onto PWRSW (mobo).
The two POWER LED wires should probably go onto the PLED on the mobo.
And the H.D.D. LED probably needs to go to the IDE-LED (mobo) (will this work for my SATA drives btw??).
For all of these: does it matter which way around (which wire onto which of the two corresponding pins, e.g. white POWER LED onto PLED+ and green POWER LED onto PLED-) the wires are connected, or will it make no difference?

Stacker cable 2:
MIC-IN (yellow)
MIC-POWER (red)
GROUND (black)
L-OUT (white), continues into L-RET (white)
R-OUT (green), continues into R-RET (green)

I'm not sure at all where these need to go on the mobo, FP_AUDIO perhaps, or maybe to SPEAKER of the System panel connector?

Thanks for your help with this one!

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
-The LED will work with the SATA drives too
-The white wire is the negative
-I don't know for the LEDS, but for the power is doesn't matter which one you connect, all the power button does if you push it is making a connection, no circuit there.

That's all I know for the moment.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Adding to Tweebel:

Some LEDs need the power a certain way - if it doesn't light up when it's supposed to, flip the wires. It won't harm anything if its backwards, so don't worry about blowing anything up.

Cable 2: I'm not certain, but it sounds like they are for the front panel mic/speaker wires. Hopefully there's somewhere to plug them in on the mobo - hang on - looking at the manual now (well, downloading it...)... It has everything except a kitchen sink, so it should have somewhere to put them... still downloading... (an 8mb file and this isn't superfast DSL, and it's a slow computer, and... so it takes 15 min...) Gah, Asus's d/l site must be slow... ... ... Ok, here it comes...

On Page 2-3 is a sketch of the mobo. Between the first PCIe-X16 slot and the back panel is a jumper block labeled FP-Audio. That's where the Cable 2 stuff goes. The descriptions of which is what is on pg. 2-28. The Top pair is for L-out, the 3rd pair is for R-out, Mic-In Goes to the very bottom right, Mic-Power right above that, and I believe the black one goes beside Mic-in.

Mike.

Trinity6

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
Fishman, Tweebel,

Many thanks for the advice. Seems to make sense. Funny thing though that on the FP-Audio jumper block, both the top pair and the 3rd pair (BLINE_OUT_L / Line out_L and BLINE_OUT_R / Line out_R) both have jumper caps set on them? No problem in removing those? And any clues how to connect the wire with both L-OUT (white), which continues into L-RET (white), to presumably the BLINE_OUT_L / Line out_L jumpers? Does the orientation matter here, or again: try and if it doesn't work, just flip them around? No risk in damaging the mobo?

Your feedback is much appreciated!

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I have no idea why they are jumpered, although I don't expect it to be a problem if they're unjumpered.

The orientation probably doesn't matter - although if it doesn't work, just flip it and it'll be fine. There's no danger I'm aware of that you could blow something because the wires are backwards.

Mike.