How to activate a used phone

Last response: in Network Providers
August 24, 2004 1:36:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

If I want to replace my broken v720 with a used one bought off ebay,
how do I do that. Do I need to bring the broken phone and the used to
a verizon store? Can it be done by calling verizon.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

More about : activate phone

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 4:39:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

you can call or go right online and do it within 10 minutes at
www.verizonwireless.com you just need the esn number of the one you are
going to change to. secondly before you buy off of ebay. ask for the esn
number if the phone is not new that way you can check with vzw to make sure
it is not a stolen phone.

brian s.

<brn2rnjk1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If I want to replace my broken v720 with a used one bought off ebay,
> how do I do that. Do I need to bring the broken phone and the used to
> a verizon store? Can it be done by calling verizon.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jim
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 8:43:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Also, is the phone you're going to buy compatible with the Verizon network?
Is it CDMA, etc? Ask before you buy.

JAS

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> you can call or go right online and do it within 10 minutes at
> www.verizonwireless.com you just need the esn number of the one you are
> going to change to. secondly before you buy off of ebay. ask for the esn
> number if the phone is not new that way you can check with vzw to make
sure
> it is not a stolen phone.
>
> brian s.
>
> <brn2rnjk1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > If I want to replace my broken v720 with a used one bought off ebay,
> > how do I do that. Do I need to bring the broken phone and the used to
> > a verizon store? Can it be done by calling verizon.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jim

August 25, 2004 12:50:21 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy a used phone other than ebay?
remove qqqspam to respond
August 25, 2004 7:01:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

An analog phone can be activated on
the VZW site and will work if analog is
available in that area. Not recommended.
Many features would be lost and I suppose
that VZW would rather you not do it. But,
as a temporary measure etc. No PRLs, no
time readout etc., no features. etc...
!