Automatically Connecting to Best Signal Strength

This may be an easy question for readers of this group but I can't
seem to find an answer (if there is one). I have three US Robotics
access points that give me great 802.11g coverage throughout the
building when used together. However, users that move from one spot
to another in the building must constantly go into the system tray and
rescan available networks. The laptop tries to stay connected to the
original one it connected to even though there may be one with better
signal strength available. Is there any way do fix this?

Thanks,

Jim Bohan
2 answers Last reply
More about automatically connecting signal strength

    Not sure of your setup but, here is something to think about. Roaming
    requires the wireless cells to overlap by at least 20%. The APs must all
    have the same SSID but on different channels, 1 6 or 11 if 802.11b or g.
    They must all be in the same subnet.

    "Jim Bohan" <Thread7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This may be an easy question for readers of this group but I can't
    > seem to find an answer (if there is one). I have three US Robotics
    > access points that give me great 802.11g coverage throughout the
    > building when used together. However, users that move from one spot
    > to another in the building must constantly go into the system tray and
    > rescan available networks. The laptop tries to stay connected to the
    > original one it connected to even though there may be one with better
    > signal strength available. Is there any way do fix this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim Bohan

    Did you configure all USR's as AP or as repeaters?

    --
    deno

Wireless Networking