Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 SP1 Beta Now Out in the (Testing) Wild

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
June 25, 2010 1:21:18 PM

How much you want to bet this beta has already been illegally uploaded to BitTorrent and the like while you're reading this? Or was it already there before Microsoft "officially" released it?
Score
June 25, 2010 1:23:21 PM

It is of my perception that Windows 7 sales will substantially increase when SP1 hits. Chances are, many business's/consumers have been holding off for this; considering many people won't ever invest in a Windows OS until the first service pack has been released.
Score
Related resources
June 25, 2010 3:18:52 PM

I wish they would do something with Aero so that you can change the color of highlighted items from the excessively light blue to something with more contrast.
Score
June 25, 2010 3:33:02 PM

diabolical userIt is of my perception that Windows 7 sales will substantially increase when SP1 hits. Chances are, many business's/consumers have been holding off for this; considering many people won't ever invest in a Windows OS until the first service pack has been released.

Completely true. I work for the IT department at Northern AZ Univ, and we are waiting for SP1 to move our department from WinXP to Windows 7. Not by my choice, I would of preferred sooner. But the political powers of the higher-ups are greater than the person who actually works on the computers (which happens to be me).
Score
June 25, 2010 4:21:15 PM

I was hoping to see native Bluray support listed for SP1 :( 
Score
June 25, 2010 4:35:00 PM

mister gHow much you want to bet this beta has already been illegally uploaded to BitTorrent and the like while you're reading this? Or was it already there before Microsoft "officially" released it?

Illegaly? You realize the SP1 is free, right?
Score
June 25, 2010 5:35:26 PM

eyemasterIllegaly? You realize the SP1 is free, right?

I guess you didn't realize that it's a CLOSED Beta and legally backed by a license agreement. So if you are getting it from a non-approved location, you are infact stealing it, which means it's illegal.
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 25, 2010 5:45:15 PM

So, is Windows backup going to be fixed finally?
Score
June 25, 2010 6:46:25 PM

I find it strange that businesses and other users are waiting for Windows 7 SP 1 before making the switch from Windows XP. Windows 7 RTM has absolutely zero show stopper bugs as long as you do a clean install (you should never do an upgrade install). Windows 7 is currently the most advanced mainstream desktop OS in existence. No mainstream desktop OS is faster or more secure than Windows 7.
Score
June 26, 2010 1:06:08 AM

mikeynavy1976I wish they would do something with Aero so that you can change the color of highlighted items from the excessively light blue to something with more contrast.

I totally agree, Why can you change window colors only when aero is on? Maybe I want my windows to be black without them being transparent and taking up more resources.
Score
June 26, 2010 1:06:26 AM

techguy378I find it strange that businesses and other users are waiting for Windows 7 SP 1 before making the switch from Windows XP. Windows 7 RTM has absolutely zero show stopper bugs as long as you do a clean install (you should never do an upgrade install). Windows 7 is currently the most advanced mainstream desktop OS in existence. No mainstream desktop OS is faster or more secure than Windows 7.

u do perfectly know windows always have security flaws due to being targeted by wide range of people. If companies wait for service pack 1, all those serious flaws will already been fixed
Score
June 26, 2010 1:07:53 AM

PieceMaker42I totally agree, Why can you change window colors only when aero is on? Maybe I want my windows to be black without them being transparent and taking up more resources.

uhh..turn off transparent glass??
Score
June 26, 2010 7:29:39 AM

footsoldieru do perfectly know windows always have security flaws due to being targeted by wide range of people. If companies wait for service pack 1, all those serious flaws will already been fixed

Businesses can use Windows Update to roll out security updates to client computers as they become available. Windows has been full of security holes in the past, but Windows 7 is different. It is extremely difficult for a hacker to gain access to a properly secured Windows 7 computer and Windows 7 is much easier to secure than Windows XP was. Any business that isn't preparing to deploy the RTM release of Windows 7 is just plain lazy. Some businesses are so lazy they're STILL using Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Score
June 26, 2010 9:00:36 AM

It is better released it as beta - so consumer can tell its worth the update, Im many will be complaining about it.
Score
June 26, 2010 9:39:49 PM

its funny people say FF is faster and better ONLY because others say it, not because it is because its slower and very very unstable, and that memory leak FF developers are useless
Score
!