YouTube Adding Vuvuzela Noise to All Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yes. It's a poor sample. Choppy. A flowing sound wouldn't be so annoying.

G

you do not understand world cup spirit, maybe because its not in your country, maybe if it is ever in your country you will understand.
this is similar to google replacing the image on their search site with a mini pacman game on pacmans anniversary.

manvanstaal85

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Yes Yes this is my country but I still don't like it!!! I was at the England game in Port Elizabeth yesterday and the singing of the English was a much better sound than this annoying Vuvuzela sound. But yes everybody got there own liking but I applaud Youtube for getting in the soccer spirit.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I was wondering what that button was.
[citation][nom]Gladiatorza[/nom]you do not understand world cup spirit, maybe because its not in your country, maybe if it is ever in your country you will understand.this is similar to google replacing the image on their search site with a mini pacman game on pacmans anniversary.[/citation]
To each their own I guess.
But if someone brought one of those damned things inside my house, a paramedic would have to remove it and they'd limp for a week.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Gladiatorza[/nom]you do not understand world cup spirit, maybe because its not in your country, maybe if it is ever in your country you will understand.this is similar to google replacing the image on their search site with a mini pacman game on pacmans anniversary.[/citation]
If this is an example of the inane crap that comes with the world cup, I hope it NEVER comes to this country.

What's more annoying that 80000 soccer twats? 80000 soccer twats with vuvuzelas.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]If this is an example of the inane crap that comes with the world cup, I hope it NEVER comes to this country.What's more annoying that 80000 soccer twats? 80000 soccer twats with vuvuzelas.[/citation]

It's an african thing. The europeans hate it as much as we do, but fifa said they're not gonna get involved with anything cuz of the 'Culture' or some crap like that.

And it's a lot more then 80,000, over a billion watch the world cup :p

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
it's ok to have the "world cup" spirit, but it's not ok to become annoying, which is exactly what the people who use these stupid things have become

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]If this is an example of the inane crap that comes with the world cup, I hope it NEVER comes to this country.[/citation]

I don't know what "this country" stands for, but if you refer to USA. Guess what the World Cup 1994 was hosted by USA.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]It's an african thing. The europeans hate it as much as we do, but fifa said they're not gonna get involved with anything cuz of the 'Culture' or some crap like that.And it's a lot more then 80,000, over a billion watch the world cup[/citation]
80000 in the stadium, roughly... but that's just a guess.

African thing or not, stupid sports ritual is stupid. Film at 11.

FIFA should have taken a stand on this, honestly, because it annoys far more fans than it appeases and deters new fans from even watching the sport.

Not that I care, because soccer is a joke of a game anyhow. 90 minutes of jogging and a 0-0 score is just not interesting...

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Hahaha.... I don't buy any of that 'culture' stuff. It's not like vuvuzelas have been a part of their culture for 100 years or anything. It's just something cheap that they could be sold to feel like they're unique and involved and they jumped on it.

But it's still absolutely ridiculous, grating and annoying to everyone (even themselves), but they do it anyway. Trolling at its best imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.