Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok Gentelmen!!! I need your help again. I have an P4C800-E Deluxe mother board I am trying to install a Audigy2 ZS Blaster sound card in. If I put it in a PCI slot it does not see it. If I install it in a slot and then in stall something else in another slot it will see it but I still can not get any sound from it. I did go to my BIOS and disable the on board sound and it shows up as IRQ 5 which the book calls for. If I remove the other Item from the PCI slot I lose my sound board??? any sugestions. Thanks !!!

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am running Win XP Pro and I have tried both settings letting the BIOS set the Plug and Play and win settings to plug and Play .Any other suggestions???? The odd thing about it is ---it not reconnising the sound card with out something in the other slot.

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I suggest you permanently insert an old coax network card ;-).

Really have no idea but it definately sounds like a problem with resource management. Have you tried clearing the CMOS? That might help.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Victor,
I think that you have driver issues so I goggled and here is what I found at <A HREF="http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=30&threadid=1489867&enterthread=y" target="_new"> this </A>link.

built a brand new machine and had no problems except the audigy2 zs...Installed drivers and software from installation cd..nonstop rebooting and dcom errors.
went to creatives website and ran thier auto updater same problems.
solution was finally to uninstall all drivers and software I had installed from the audigy cd and then download drivers only from creative website.
Installed updated drivers by themselves instead of over the top of the drivers that came with the card.
dcom errors and rebooting stopped.
Did not reinstall any creative media software seems like it is very creative at producing problems for winxp.

heres the link and the name of the file. It is a little over 16 mb. worked for me...good luck

http://us.creative.com/support...&OSName=Windows+XP

EAX4DRV Audigy2 1 84 50

Also isolate card as much as possible they don't like to share.
The person who started this post stated that this fixed his problem.

!#&$ <font color=blue> :eek: </font color=blue>---<font color=red><i><b>It's not heavy,...it's my computer</font color=red></i></b>

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks! I didn't have the same luck so I changed to my old mother board and it works fine. Now what do I do with my new Asus mother board??????