Closed

Is there a world war II type stratergy game available?

Hi

I was just wondering as stratergy is my favourite genre in gaming, is there a world war 2 type of game or modern army type game? Tired of the space age, command and conquer and star craft they cool but love military type games. :D

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about world type stratergy game available
  1. From the titles listed I'm guessing you want RTS. Check out Company of Hereos first and foremost. Also a more modern game (but no base building) is World in Conflict. Ruse also looks interesting but is most definetly not a traditional wargame.

I *think* C&C Generals was a more modern, non-sci-fi take on RTS however I never played that one so I'm not certain.

If you are more interested in historically accurate games and turn-based strategy check out Matrix games website.
  2. I shall do so thanks for the info
  3. Company of Heroes. No other WW2 game comes close.
  4. I think that will be a wise decision
  5. I was addicted to the old close combat series a long time ago
  6. Collie147 said:
    I was addicted to the old close combat series a long time ago

Im still addicted,lol, Even though i like COD4 and thats first person i still prefer stratergy.
  7. Quote:
    Men of war.1 and 2

Is that good as in gameplay/Graphics?
  8. Quote:
    I played both of them gameplay wise superb.typical RTS.some mission will take hours to complete.graphics are good also

Sounds awsome, people still play online with that game?
  9. Quote:
    I didnot play online.AI is so hard that u need to be a expert of war strategy to complete levels in hard difficulty.

Im so good at strategy i would be with the top leagues online,lol, :D
  10. desert oparations is good DO
  11. I noticed three games:

World in conflict modern
    EndWar modern
    Company of heros WWII
  12. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Requested by OP.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Games Command Prompt Video Games