push to talk

Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will they
upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? Would really like to
have this service soon!

Hahahahaha. Push to talk soon? That Moto they currently have probably will
be the only PTT phone out for this company for a few years. I don't think
there's anything in the future that Verizon will release that has PTT
capability. Good luck with Verizon and trying to get new hardware or get it
on the "expected" delivery date. It just doesn't happen with this company.

"Justin Bloom" <jud90@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will
they
> upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? Would really like
> have this service soon!

Scott

Verizon is re-releasing their PTT service this fall along with two new
handsets from Motorola. One is a Nextel type brick phone and the second is
the V65p which is similar to the V60p with a color screen, support for GIN,
etc.. Its also rumored that either LG or Samsung will offer a PTT phone
later this year.

Verizon has been working hard to improve the latency issues with PTT. To
date they have improved it somewhat, but it is worth waiting fo the second
generation handsets which will be a part of their new attack on Nextel.

"Justin Bloom" <jud90@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will
> they
> upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? Would really like
> have this service soon!

> Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will
they
> upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? >Would really like
> have this service soon!

Don't look for Verizon to really push their PTT service and/or phones. I
think they are going to focus more on their bread and butter which is
running number one rated Cellular network out there. I think Nextel will
always have the superior PTT feature just because of the iDEN technology
itself and the way the service is hooked up.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Justin Bloom" <jud90@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will
they
> upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? Would really like
> have this service soon!

I really like having normal full duplex communications and as a bonus the
clock is not running with IN network. I really don't care for WWII walkie
talkie conversations.

"Justin Bloom" <jud90@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Verzon will offer new PTT handsets and also will
they
> upgrade the service so that it is as fast as Nextels? Would really like
> have this service soon!

If you really want or need PTT I would suggest going with Nextel. I don't
understand the reason why some people feel the need for PTT, when a good
handsfree (wired headset, speakerphone, bluetooth, etc) solution is much
better IMHO.

Nothing more annoying than hearing those stupid Nextels in public with that
annoying beep all of the time!

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer