Sign in with
Your question

Parallel port problem??

Last response: in Windows XP
December 18, 2004 12:25:11 PM

With my new mobo I got this week I have had no problems at all.. only one thing.. whenever I try to run "Call Of Duty" and after playing like 3 hours of Colin McRae Rally 04.. my system freezes.. I think i have found the problem too.. I know becuase I track the time of when the freeze happens.. anyways under all the times it froze from trying to play COD or Colin Rally 04 this error seems to be the problem as I discovered in my "Event Viewer"

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 12/18/2004
Time: 12:09:46 AM
User: N/A
Computer: GENOVESE-ACG-88
Description:
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any ideas how to fix this?? I checked my device manager for any parallel port but I cant even find it there.. whats going on?? any help would be appreciated.. thanks

More about : parallel port problem

December 18, 2004 7:10:07 PM

The parralele port is an old port for printers and some other stuff. It is not really needed now. If you have a particuliar device connected to it, disconnect it. I suspect heat, or overheating to be your problem.

Please list your specs(CPU, mobo, graphics card,...) as it would be easier for us to help you.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
December 19, 2004 12:41:10 AM

I know what a parrallel port is.. I fxied my problem anyways.. my parrallel port was disabled in my bios so i enabled it.. and the reason call of duty kept freezing seemed to be beucase the graphcis setting was on 32 bit.. when its on 16 bit it dosent freeze.. anyone know why maybe?
December 19, 2004 2:56:02 AM

Going to 32bit is going to use twice the texture memory so it might be overloading your vid card or exceeding it's onboard video ram. What graphics card do you have?

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
!