Sign in with
Your question

Will ffxiv run on a ati radeon hd 3200 intergrated?

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2010 5:04:49 PM

I recently purchased a Gateway to play WOW, it ran the game and addons perfectly. However I am wonering if it will run FFXIV. I loved playing FFXI online with an older pc.

Gateway DX4300-15e
Windows 7 64 bit
Ati Radeon HD 3200 integrated
AMD Phenom II x4 810 quad-core processor
8 GB DDR2
1TB HDD

All I really want to know is whether or not this will play FFXIV? Or do I need to upgrade the graphics card ?
August 13, 2010 5:29:41 PM

I ran the benchmark, It is a little laggy but runs, I ran the previous benchmark for the other online game and had same issues but my pc still played beautifully. This is the 1st time I have had an "integrated graphics card" , sorry still not sure whether my system will run FFXI or not.
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2010 5:41:47 PM

what was your score?
m
l
August 13, 2010 6:00:04 PM

a laughable 251
m
l
August 13, 2010 6:02:24 PM

you won't be able to play the game

[8000 and over] Extremely High Performance
Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
[5500–7999] Very High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
[4500-5499] High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
[3000-4499] Fairly High Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.
[2500-2999] Standard Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings.
[2000-2499] Slightly Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but may experience some slowdown. Adjust settings to improve performance.
[1500-1999] Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance.
[Under 1500] Insufficient Performance
Does not meet specifications for running the game.
m
l
August 13, 2010 6:06:16 PM

Alright, thanks
m
l
September 10, 2010 5:41:33 PM

I have that exact machine and am playing the FFXIV beta now.
It will run on medium settings at 1360x768 with "buffer size" set to half.
The visual quality is comparable to that of FFXI.

Sometimes when entering a busy area (like adventurer's guild or a camp),
I will have to wait 30-40 seconds before people (NPCs or PCs) will load.
It's just fine in the field.

Occasionally the game client will crash, but I'm told it does that for everyone.
As such, I can't say whether it's the system or the beta client causing it.
It doesn't crash often enough to dissuade me from playing, but a crash will
cause any active levequest (which are timed) to automatically fail.
That can be annoying.

But FFXIV is "playable" on that system. It is, however, far less than "optimal."
m
l
September 10, 2010 11:37:12 PM

Keep in mind that "run" and "play" are two entirely different things, as PC gamers have seen for years with Crysis. Technically, if your system even properly LOADS UP the benchmark tool and completes it without glaring errors, it will "run." You might even say you could be able to "play" the game.

However, It's safe to say that the actual game won't run any better than the benchmark did, once you figure in the real-world situations a game client runs through.

[edit]Note that the score they provide makes some assumptions on the 'balance' of your PC between your CPU and graphics. Generally, you can more readily cut settings to compensate for weak or integrated graphics than you can to make up for having a slow/old CPU. So chances are if you have a strong CPU, you'd likely be able to get the game playable by cutting down the settings; contrary to what the description for "Low performance" is given as, adjusting settings CAN still improve performance.

Hence, I'm thinking that the game will likely be semi-playable as-is, on account of you having a relatively modern Phenom II quad-core: the descriptions given were assuming that such a score as yours would be the result of, say, an ancient single-core CPU paired with a slightly better graphics card, which would most certainly lack the CPU power to run the game right, no matter what settings you adjusted.

But in the end... It'd still be recommended to get a new video card, even a modern inexpensive one.
m
l
September 29, 2010 8:16:35 PM

Yeah, apparently the system minimum requirements are set so low that anyone with those spec is pretty much S.O.L. I just bought a brand new Inspiriion performance/gaming machine JUST for playing FFXIV and have the ATI Radeon 5450 512MB and the game is.. unplayable at such a crap frame rate.. despite having huge memory and a quadcore cpu. So i have this realy great machine and a game i cant play comfortably. For those of you who play WoW.. with the Radeon graphics card, FFXIV runs like this.."imagine Dalaran, the day after an expansion, during peak hours, with all your video settings set to the lowest."
:heink: 
m
l
September 29, 2010 9:41:07 PM

samuraibunny said:
Yeah, apparently the system minimum requirements are set so low that anyone with those spec is pretty much S.O.L. I just bought a brand new Inspiriion performance/gaming machine JUST for playing FFXIV and have the ATI Radeon 5450 512MB and the game is.. unplayable at such a crap frame rate.. despite having huge memory and a quadcore cpu. So i have this realy great machine and a game i cant play comfortably. For those of you who play WoW.. with the Radeon graphics card, FFXIV runs like this.."imagine Dalaran, the day after an expansion, during peak hours, with all your video settings set to the lowest." :heink: 

The ATI 5450 is a low-range discrete graphics card. It is not meant for High Res/Detail gaming. This is your bottleneck and also why FFXIV is running "at crap frame rates."

@OP - If possible, look into getting a better, discrete graphics card. Maybe an ATI 5770 or higher (depending on your PSU). Good luck.

m
l
!