Help!!!

RichPLS

Champion
My dad changed his admin account to different name and added password, and added password on regular account with admin priveledges.
Then when he rebooted, he can not change user account, but it defaults to his name, and when he enters password, it hangs.

Any clues how to get access back???
He says this is all he did, and he is sure he typed password right ruling that out.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Safe Mode? - Does it hang there too?

<A HREF="http://www.moviewavs.com/MP3S/TV_Shows/Simpsons/flanderssong.mp3" target="_new">Audio Sig</A>|<A HREF="http://community.tomshardware.com/images/logo_black_xmas2.gif" target="_new">I made this!</A>

RichPLS

Champion
Yes, he cant get past password, I am going to drive over there and see if I can do anything with it. Hard for me to phone support my Dad, he getting up in years. BTW it is a Dell Workstation P4 1.9MHz with 2 10k SCSI drives.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If you have an HD with 2K on it that you could use as the Master then set his as the slave then you get into his by using the password of the other HD. I have been down this road before

ClutchWorks

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2003
Download "austrumi" its a small (50 meg) iso image. Burn it to a cd. It is a bootable stripped down linux that allows you to change or blank windows passwords, among other things. At the boot prompt type "nt_pass" and then follow the on screen directions. It is best to blank the password than to change it...as the change doesnt always seem to work right. Has worked for me in the past...when things get screwy. Hope this helps. Just Google for it... its located on sourceforge.