Closed

Help with crysis 1 (problem)

hi guys as you see the thread is about crysis :fou: heres the problem

when i run crysis (all high setting not very high) no aa or anything res 1366x768

i get 26 FPS!!!!!(WTF) :o

my specs :

cpu: amd athlon ii x4 630 (2800)

gpu: ati radeon hd 5770 MSI

ram : 4gp

system : win 7 64

video driver catalyst 10.7

and on low setting with the same res i get max 34 fps so it must be a software problem non hardware problem and im usin version 1.2

what makes me belive its the game not my system is that i run resident evil 5 all maxed anti aliasing x 8 same res with min fps 58 and max 60 with vertical sync and the same setting with cod modern warfare 2 and im gettin 58-60 fps x8 with vertical sync so im not sure what to do guys
8 answers Last reply
More about help crysis problem
  1. well i know its a demanding game but every thing has a limit u know when i put every thing to low the game look like counter strike so it shouldnt get me a low fps

ive changed my res to 800x600 and i got max fps 46 is this believble or what

do you guys think its cuz im usin the exe in bin32 not bin 64 HhmmmmmM
  2. uhh is vsync on? if so turn it off that will help your fps a bit
  3. Try using catalyst 10.6 drivers. I found that my games were running slower with 10.7. I use a 4870.
  4. nightstalker_ns said:
    hi guys as you see the thread is about crysis :fou: heres the problem

when i run crysis (all high setting not very high) no aa or anything res 1366x768

i get 26 FPS!!!!!(WTF) :o

my specs :

cpu: amd athlon ii x4 630 (2800)

gpu: ati radeon hd 5770 MSI

ram : 4gp

system : win 7 64

video driver catalyst 10.7

and on low setting with the same res i get max 34 fps so it must be a software problem non hardware problem and im usin version 1.2

what makes me belive its the game not my system is that i run resident evil 5 all maxed anti aliasing x 8 same res with min fps 58 and max 60 with vertical sync and the same setting with cod modern warfare 2 and im gettin 58-60 fps x8 with vertical sync so im not sure what to do guys

thats actually about what you should be getting.

Phenom II x4 3.84ghz
    3gb DDR2 Ram
    5770 OC'ed

i get around 30-32fps so its about normal. if anything i might consider rolling back to driver 10.4. thats what im using but i honestly doubt you'll see a difference.
  5. Actually, Crysis is more oriented towards the CPU rather than the GPU. You will have less fps than Crysiscoma due to the generation gap of cpus.
  6. Thread Resurrection Alert :)
  7. The title of this topic has been edited by Mousemonkey
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Crysis FPS Video Games